Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Chatham Blog

Staycation: Phipps Spring Flower Show

By Mara Flanagan
April 12, 2014 - 10:51pm

Just in time for the Chatham Choir's Spring Concert, the Spring Flower Show at Phipps Conservatory is infused with music. See your favorite genres come to life as you stroll gardens full of instrumental inspiration. Created by Hays Landscape Architecture Studio, Ltd., these arrangements filled with thousands of flowers are on display through April 20. READ MORE

Opinion: What is a Friend?

By Paula Cardona
April 5, 2014 - 9:53pm

READ MORE

Staycation: An Iliad at Pittsburgh Public Theater

By Mara Flanagan
March 29, 2014 - 7:36pm

Photo: Pittsburgh Public Theater Facebook page An Iliad at the Pittsburgh Public Theater READ MORE

Spring Break Survival Kit: We Love HC!

By Mara Flanagan
March 21, 2014 - 11:45pm

Chatham University doesn’t have sororities, but we’ve certainly got a big sister in Her Campus! The ladies of HC sent Chatham team members a Spring Break Survival Kit: the ultimate collection of products destined to make any mid-semester getaway or summer vacation glamorous. Even after our amazing week off, these gorgeous gifts are just what we need to get through March, April and May. READ MORE

Weekly Staycation: Pi Day at the Carnegie Science Center

By Mara Flanagan
March 8, 2014 - 6:26pm

You could celebrate Pi Day by plowing through a few problem sets for class. Or you could register for the Carnegie Science Center’s evening celebration only for adults 21 and up. READ MORE

Your World: A Reflection

By Paula Cardona
March 1, 2014 - 10:30pm

READ MORE

Being in Control: One College Student's Reflection

By Paula Cardona
February 24, 2014 - 11:55pm

READ MORE

5 Videos to Get You Fired Up for PCWP's Screening of "Miss Representation"

By Mara Flanagan
February 22, 2014 - 11:00pm

On Thursday, February 27 at 6pm, members of the Chatham community will gather in the Eddy Theatre for a screening of Miss Representation. A breathtaking look at the serious consequences of women's representation in the media, this is a powerful film everyone should watch (we love it so much, we've partnered with PCWP to promote it). To give you a sense of what to expect (and get you completely fired up), here are five videos from The Representation Project. Miss Representation Trailer “We’re shortchanging voices that are urgently needed in public forums from ever getting to the table.” – Cory Booker, United States Senator and Former Mayor of Newark, New Jersey READ...

Become a beacon & brewster College Rep!

By Mara Flanagan
February 15, 2014 - 10:54pm

Chances are you’ve got one polo shirt in your closet. It may be a staple of business-casual wardrobes everywhere, but it’s hard to get a good fit. Founder of beacon & brewster Eileen Sherman is a problem-solver. When she realized polo shirts were bunching, pulling and sagging in all the wrong places, she decided to design one of her own. “I made all the final decisions regarding the construction of the shirts – from the weight of the cotton used to the type of buttons – myself, and I had a ton of fun doing it,” she says. READ MORE

Sustainable Shopping: Know Your Fashion

By Catherine Giles
February 8, 2014 - 10:47pm

READ MORE