Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Chatham Blog

"Just Gender" Screening: An Interview with Jason Lucarelli

By Mara Flanagan
October 25, 2014 - 11:46pm

What is it like to be a member of the transgender community? Find out during a screening of the documentary Just Gender on Friday, November 14 at 7 p.m. in Eddy Theatre. Hosted by the Psychology of Gender Research Team, the event is sponsored by the Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Pittsburgh (GLCC) and the Association for Women in Psychology. READ MORE

HC Back-to-School Survival Kits: Delivering Must-Haves for a Fabulous Fall

By Mara Flanagan
October 20, 2014 - 11:51pm

Thank you so much to Her Campus for sending us an amazing Back-to-School Survival Kit!  Ready to see what's inside the magical box? Read on: Chipotle has a huge fanbase at Chatham. Our Blog Section Editor, Catherine Giles, just professed her love for their delicious dishes (and spectacular sustainable practices) in an article last week. We're looking forward to indulging in a post-midterm feast with these BOGO burrito coupons. Thanks, Chipotle! READ MORE

10 Facts You May Not Know About Cougars

By Mara Flanagan
October 18, 2014 - 11:40pm

D.C. from a Dorm Room: 4 Movies to Watch for a Mini-Trip to Washington

By Mara Flanagan
October 11, 2014 - 10:38pm

Couldn't make it to D.C. over Fall Break? Don't wait until next year's trip for a mini-vacation: rent these movies and visit the city from your room! 1. Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian Talking Einstein bobbleheads. A bounding Jeff Koons sculpture. A living Lincoln Memorial. This movie is wildly imaginative and beautifully hilarious; it's also a poignant tour of the Smithsonian museums. You'll never see a wax figure the same way. READ MORE

7 Ways to Get the Most Out Of a College Open House

By Mara Flanagan
October 4, 2014 - 11:49pm

It's Open House season at Chatham! Over the next few weeks, prospective students will traverse Woodland Road for the first time. Get the most out of the experience with these seven tips. 1. Arrive early. An Open House is one of the more informal admissions events, but you won't want to rush into it! Give yourself a window of at least ten minutes between parking your car and checking in: you'll be able to touch up your makeup, eat a quick snack or just take a moment to relax. 2. Put your phone away. READ MORE

5 Ways to Get Involved with Her Campus Chatham This Year

By Mara Flanagan
September 27, 2014 - 11:44pm

Here are five ways to be a part of Chatham's online magazine! 1. Join the Team. We're always looking for new writers, photographers, event planners and PR/marketing experts. To get involved, email Campus Correspondent Mara Flanagan at maraflanagan@hercampus.com with your name, year, and area(s) of interest. We'll have you on board in no time! 2. Nominate a Campus Cutie. READ MORE

5 Ways to Get Involved with the Pennsylvania Center for Women and Politics

By Mara Flanagan
September 20, 2014 - 10:43pm

We had a blast partnering with the Pennsylvania Center for Women and Politics on their screening of Madame Presidenta: Why Not U.S.? – Vamos Meninos. Now that it’s over, we’re looking forward to all of the amazing events PCWP has planned for the semester ahead. Whether you’re an aspiring politician, a future community organizer, or just an incredible collegiate leader, here are five ways to get involved with PCWP this semester.     1. Register to Vote   READ MORE

4 Can't-Miss Leadership Training Programs at Chatham

By Mara Flanagan
September 13, 2014 - 11:04pm

If you've been at Chatham for one day, you know women's leadership is a critical element of every class, extracurricular and event. Whether you dream of running for office or just want to rock your next group project, Chatham offers plenty of opportunities to be get hands-on leadership training. 1. Student Organization & Leadership Retreat READ MORE

Join the HC Chatham Team!

By Mara Flanagan
September 1, 2014 - 9:02pm

Welcome to the new academic year! If you're a writer, photographer, editor, event planner or aspiring PR pro, we'd love to hear from you! Our team is open to all undergraduate students at Chatham University, and we'd love to welcome you to the team. Her Campus Chatham is our university's chapter of the international online magazine for college women, Her Campus. We work to promote the sense of sisterhood at Chatham, supplementing daily online content with 2 or 3 events each semester. READ MORE

Never Miss an Episode of iQ: smartparent

By Mara Flanagan
July 1, 2014 - 5:19pm

Whether you’re a babysitter, a student teacher, a parent, an older sibling or a camp counselor, taking care of kids in a technology-saturated society is challenging. WQED created iQ: smartparent to help caregivers master digital culture and make the best decisions for the children in their lives. Miss an episode? You can catch up on all of them by visiting the iQ: smartparent website! READ MORE