Bethany Bookout

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

Bethany Bookout

Year: 2018

Hometown and what you love about it: Ponca City, Oklahoma

I love all of the parks and wide-open spaces, and that I can’t get lost there.

Areas of study and how you chose them:

Sustainability (major), International Studies with a concentration in Asian Culture (certificate)
I worked in Yellowstone National Park the summer after my freshman year in high school, and that’s how I learned that I loved to find solutions to environmental issues, especially in a global capacity.

What is one thing you hope to learn in 2015?

I hope to learn more specifically what aspect of sustainability I want to concentrate on and hone in on the career path in that field.

Why did you choose Chatham?

Eden Hall, Pittsburgh, friendly people, opportunity and more

What advice do you have for prospective students making their college decision?

Go to the place you love and can give you the most attention and opportunity.

What’s surprised you most about Chatham so far?

How many friends you can actually make here

Childhood Dream Job:

To be a police officer (so that I could eat sprinkled donuts everyday) that drove a Jeep

Current Dream Job:

Park Ranger!!!

If you could only eat at one Pittsburgh restaurant for a full year, which one would you pick and why?

Burgatory. The shake are heavenly, what more is needed?

If you could be best friends with any movie character, who would you pick and why?

Pascal (from Tangled) because he is so sassy and cute!

If you could join the cast of any TV show, which one would you pick and why?

Parks and Rec

You have a friend visiting Pittsburgh for one day, and you’re planning the itinerary. Where do you take them?

Waffalonia, the incline, somewhere with pierogies, and the Carnegie Museum of Natural History

You can live in the world of one book for a day. Which one do you choose and why?

Narnia, because Narnia.
  Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.