Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Chatham Archives

Global Focus Community Picnic

By Mara Flanagan
August 16, 2014 - 11:15pm

After Opening Convocation, head to the quad for the Global Focus Community Picnic. Expect delicious food using recipes from the '14/'15 Global Focus country, South Africa! READ MORE

Opening Convocation

By Mara Flanagan
August 14, 2014 - 11:22pm

Opening Convocation is one of the biggest celebrations of the year. Expect glorious singing from the Chatham Choir, rallying speeches from CSG leaders and epic suprises from the RAs and OLs! If you can't wait for the fun ahead, check out last year's RA performance. READ MORE

Never Miss an Episode of iQ: smartparent

By Mara Flanagan
July 1, 2014 - 5:19pm

Whether you’re a babysitter, a student teacher, a parent, an older sibling or a camp counselor, taking care of kids in a technology-saturated society is challenging. WQED created iQ: smartparent to help caregivers master digital culture and make the best decisions for the children in their lives. Miss an episode? You can catch up on all of them by visiting the iQ: smartparent website! READ MORE

This Father's Day, Watch iDad on WQED!

By Mara Flanagan
June 12, 2014 - 1:17pm

Her Campus Chatham is proud to partner with WQED to promote iQ: smartparent. Celebrate Father's Day by watching "iDad" on WQED! The newest episode of iQ: smartparent explores the awesome ways fathers use technology to connect to their kids. Hosted by Angela Santomero, the episode features GeekDad editor Ken Denmead along with YouTuber Bob McLaughlin and his two daughters, Jillian and Adelaide. READ MORE

WQED Presents iQ: smartparent episode, "iDad"

By Mara Flanagan
June 12, 2014 - 12:54pm

Her Campus Chatham is proud to partner with WQED to promote iQ: smartparent. Tune in to WQED for the newest episode of iQ: smartparent, "iDad", to discover the awesome ways fathers are using technology to connect to their kids. Hosted by Angela Santomero, the episode features GeekDad editor Ken Denmead along with YouTuber Bob McLaughlin and his two daughters, Jillian and Adelaide. On June 12, participate in a live Twitter chat during the premiere using #iqsmartparent. Need a fun way to celebrate Father's Day? The show will air again on June 15 at 6pm. READ MORE

Cori Begg and Monica Cooney, Chatham University Alumni Relations

By Mara Flanagan
June 5, 2014 - 8:30am

Cori Begg (left) and Monica Cooney   Tucked away in Beatty House, Cori Begg and Monica Cooney are the big sisters to Chatham's entire alumnae network. As Director and Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, respectively, these leading ladies spend every day finding ways to bring the Chatham family closer.    READ MORE

Create Your Own #GiftsForGrads Collection on eBay!

By Mara Flanagan
May 19, 2014 - 11:50pm

Graduation is thrilling. It’s also stressful. While students are going through a major life transition, family and friends have tension of their own – organizing travel arrangements, helping to pack up residence hall rooms and planning graduation parties. eBay can make your loved ones’ lives easier (and give you another reason to smile). READ MORE

Emily Cassel '13, Life Coach

By Mara Flanagan
May 19, 2014 - 12:00am

Emily Cassel knows how to run a meeting. As the Executive Vice President of Chatham Student Government, she spent her 2012/2013 academic year hosting monthly Student Organization Forums (SOFs) in Woodland. Crammed into the Residence Life Lounge, representatives nibbled on seasonal snack spreads, sprawling out on comfy couches or crowding around tables. Focusing dozens of students at 9pm sounds like a challenge, but everyone knew to settle down for a discussion when Cassel took her seat in the center of the floor.   READ MORE

Her Campus Finals Survival Kit

By Mara Flanagan
May 16, 2014 - 11:53pm

Finals week gets messy. Somewhere between the third presentation and the fifth paper, anything sugar-spiked sounds like a good idea. This year, Her Campus came to the rescue: they sent every chapter a Finals Survival Kit packed with delicious, healthy treats! The semester may be over, but we'll be buying more Chipotle burritos, LUNA bars and popchips to keep us fueled through our summer jobs and internships. READ MORE

Senior Toast

By Mara Flanagan
May 13, 2014 - 12:43pm

Gather with fellow graduating seniors on the Beatty House porch for champagne, light fare and commemorative gifts from the Office of Alumni Relations. This is a fantastic opportunity to snap photos with friends and get a beautiful introduction to the Alumni Association. MyChatham registration deadline was May 9. READ MORE