This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.
To some people, tea is just leaf water. “What makes tea so special?” they ask. However, for many of us who love a good cup of tea, you might be delighted to know that that cup of tea you just made could be helping you towards becoming a healthy and happy human being. Here are five types of tea that taste delicious and may help you in the long run.

1. Peppermint Tea
A personal favorite of mine, peppermint tea is known for its delicious flavor and benefits to one’s health. Peppermint tea helps to ease nausea and aids with bloating, cramps, and helps to regulate the digestive system. Peppermint tea is also great for when you are sick, as it is known to help reduce stress levels and help you perhaps unwind after that difficult exam.

2. Black Tea
Another favorite for many people, black tea may help you wake up in the morning, but it holds other wonderful benefits as well. Black tea helps relax the digestive system and ease the symptoms of related digestive issues. In addition, black tea helps to boost cardiac health and lower cholesterol. 

3. Fennel Tea
You may use fennel in your cooking, but did you know fennel tea also has amazing benefits to your digestive health? Fennel tea is a great solution to aiding gastrointestinal issues such as bloating and flatulence, and other digestive issues so everything operates smoothly. 

4. Green Tea
Ah yes green tea. For many people, green tea is considered to be the ultimate healthy tea, and for a good reason. Green tea is full of caffeine, making it a great alternative for those whom want to steer clear from coffee. In addition, green tea helps boost the immune system and is beneficial for your cardiac health as well.

5. Hibiscus Tea
Who knew a flower could be so helpful? Drinking hibiscus tea can help lower your blood pressure by drinking three cups a day for a few weeks. Hibiscus tea can also aid in alleviating menstrual pain and helps to stimulate the immune system.

For more information on the benefits of your favorite type of tea, go to these sites:

Born in 1994, Ashe has tumbled in the woods, been attacked by animals and gotten lost on clear-cut trails in the search of an adventure. She enjoys nature in all aspects, fantasy novels and comics, and listens to music that is almost never in English.
Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.