5 Reasons We’re Grateful for Chatham This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

There are many reasons why we’re grateful for Chatham. Here, five team members share why they’re thankful to be a Cougar this year.

Paula Cardona, Writer

“Chatham makes me stronger everyday in different ways. Chatham makes me a stronger, independent woman. It makes me take care of myself because it allows me to make adult decisions for my future. It brings me security and it allows me to feel like I am truly home while acquiring my degree. I can ask for help from the professors and the staff and they are always willing to help as much as they can.”

Catherine Giles, Sustainability Writer

“I’m thankful to be a Chatham woman because, now that I am an upperclasswoman, I feel more like a role model. I’ve noticed that some of the first years around campus know who I am, even when I don’t. People know who I am, and it’s a good thing!”

Kaitlin Tomko, Writer

“How close it allows me to stay with old friends and family.”

Shannon Ward, Writer

“This year, I am most thankful for the many opportunities that Chatham has offered me – and the wonderful faculty and staff members that made the opportunities possible. Chatham has some of the most selfless and caring professors and faculty members that I have ever met. They really want their students to succeed and help make dreams a reality.”

Onastasia Youssef, Blog Section Editor and Entertainment Writer

“All my amazing friends who are always there when I need them most.”

Mara Flanagan is entering her seventh semester as a Chapter Advisor. After founding the Chatham University Her Campus chapter in November 2011, she served as Campus Correspondent until graduation in 2015. Mara works as a freelance social media consultant in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She interned in incident command software publicity at ADASHI Systems, gamification at Evive Station, iQ Kids Radio in WQED’s Education Department, PR at Markowitz Communications, writing at WQED-FM, and marketing and product development at Bossa Nova Robotics. She loves jazz, filmmaking and circus arts.