11 Ways To Treat Yo Self Before Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chatham chapter.

No doubt at this point in the semester with finals, the end of the academic year, and…graduation (perhaps??) in sight, you may be finding yourself overwhelmed and your self care falling by the wayside. It’s hard to take care of your body (inside and out) when you have so many deadlines looming and tasks to complete. But we’re here to tell you it’s okay. Take a break. It’s time to TREAT YO SELF. And we have 11 products to help you do it.

This stuff goes on like silk. If you’re in the market for a new liquid eyeliner (and you may need one…when was the last time you had a chance to update your makeup bag?), this one is like velvet for your eyelids. With vinyl and shimmer finishes in shades of purple, turquoise and classic black, this eyeliner is an easy pick. Best of all, the fine felt tip makes it easy to apply and the waterproof formula means it won’t budge until you wipe it off with an actual makeup remover. Have a girl’s night out! Swipe this on before you go out to the club and you’ll be set all night!

And speaking of makeup remover, make sure you’re using Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes. They’re our top pick! Made for the most sensitive skin (while still removing as much dirt and makeup as any other brand–if not more), these wipes are a godsend. Don’t sacrifice your skin to remove a bit of blush. Simple won’t let you suffer. 

Sometimes your hair can get used to your shampoo or conditoner–meaning you have to change it up every now and then to keep your hair on its toes! Before it goes AWOL on you, try TRESemmé’s awesome Expert Beauty-Full Volume shampoo and conditioner! This combo reverses the traditional wash routine you’re used to. You use the moisturizing pre-wash conditioner first to soften the hair and then follow it with the shampoo to wash away weight. Then your hair is left with bounce while still controlling static! 

After you’ve added some more volume to your hair, why not add a little texture too? These TRESemme sea salt sprays and foams work like a charm! Now that you’ve got some fluff, get that charming beachy look so you look like you’re headed out to the pool instead of headed to a final exam!

Here’s a no brainer. What is stress famous for? You guessed right: acne. And the worst part? Having acne often just adds MORE stress. So you’re stuck in this never ending cycle! How are you supposed to make it stop?? Using Proactiv of course! This brand has been endorsed by so many stars from Katy Perry to Justin Beiber to Avril Lavigne–not to mention all of the positive testimonials from every day people all over!

With so much work on your plate at this time of the year, chances are you might not have time to shower every day. But fear not! Michael Kors’ Gold Frangrances can change all that. These swoon-worthy perfumes are here to steal your heart and your stress. How can you be upset when you and everything you own smell so GOOD?

These metallic tattoos will have you feeling like Kesha in no time. Put on a little We R Who We R or Your Love is My Drug, apply these tattoos and some glittery makeup to match, and go dancing! You deserve it! Shine with the best of them!

Honestly, bless your heart if you’re remembering to brush you’re teeth at all at this point. However, if you’re looking to step up your game, introduce the Colgate Optic White duo into you’re routine. By just using this brush, the applicator pen in the bottom, and the toothpaste instead of your normal products, you could have whiter teeth in just days! Impress your dentist at your next appointment with your new pearly whites!

At this point, moisturizing might be the least of your concerns, but it’s a huge party of any beauty routine! It’s a very important part of taking care of your body. With this easy cocoa butter swivel stick, you can moisturize on the go! No hassle, just moisture.

By now you probably forgot about your insides, huh? Well don’t tune out just yet! These AZO gummies make it easy as pie to get the proper nutrition to ward off urinary tract infections. Because the absolute last thing you need during finals is a urinary tract infection. Honestly.

Personally, nothing cheers us up more like a pop of color (…and retail therapy)! By now, your ID case from the beginning of the year is probably a tad ratty. Now is the perfect time to upgrade and get one of these cuties!

And the number one way to treat yo self? With this stunning Vera Bradley bag. And want to know the best part? We’re giving one away for FREE. Yup, you heard that right: FREE. Even better? The bag will come filled with everything you just saw on this list. 

By now you’re probably anxious to find out how to win, right? It’s a piece of cake! Just make sure to be following Her Campus Chatham on Twitter and Instagram. Then tweet us, telling us how you love to pamper yourself and maintain self care (inside and/or out) when you’re busy or overwhelmed! You have until April 8th to enter! After that, we’ll randomly choose a winner and don’t worry–even if you don’t win our swag bag, you’ll get a consolation prize of a Vera Bradley ID case. You have nothing to lose! Enter today!

Indigo Baloch is the HC Chatham Campus Correspondent. She is a junior at Chatham University double majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism and double minoring Graphic Design and an Asian Studies Certificate. Indigo is a writer and Editorial Assistant at Maniac Magazine and occasionally does book reviews for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. She is also the Public Relations Director for The Mr. Roboto Project (a music venue in Pittsburgh) and creates their monthly newsletter. During her freshman and sophomore year, Indigo was the Editor-in-Chief of Chatham's student driven newsprint: Communique. Currently, on campus, Indigo is the Communications Coordinator for Minor Bird (Chatham's literary magazine), the Public Relations Director for Chatham's chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, and a Staff Writer and Columnist for Communique. She has worked as a Fashion Editorial Intern for WHIRL Magazine, and has been a featured reader at Chatham's Undergraduate Reading Series and a featured writer in Minor Bird. She loves art, music, film, theater, writing, and traveling.