Why We Love Planners

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

At Chapman it is no secret that girls of all ages and majors are slightly obsessed with their planners. Whether it’s Erin Condren (my personal favorite), Lily Pulitzer, Kate Spade, or a generic planner, these things are life savers! What exactly is it about planners that has us so addicted? 

1. Keep Us Organized: Planners succeed with their purpose to compartmentalize everything we have to do for each aspect of our lives. They bring together school, family, friends, work, events, and more, all in one centralized place.
  2. Time Management: Planners allow us to process what we need to do, and give us the opportunity to plan ahead. Planning ahead gives us more opportunities to relax and do fun things while still being responsible, efficient and productive.
  3. Sense of Control: With so much to do, and only 24 hours in a day, planners give us a sense of control over our lives. They make us feel empowered to accomplish anything we set our minds to while still making time for pleasure.
  4. Satisfying: There is arguably no greater feeling in the world than crossing something off your planner that you completed! From handing in a paper, to cooking dinner with your friends, it is undoubtably satisfying to feel a sense of accomplishment each and every day.