When You’re the F*ckboy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Urban Dictionary defines “f*ckboy” as:

• “A guy who tries to get with everyone

• A player.

• A guy who will lie to a girl to make them hook up with them or send pictures.

• They think they are the sh*t when they aren’t.

• A guy who will only date a girl for their body.

• A total ass.

• A guy that will make a girl cry and laugh

• A guy who lies when they say “I love you.”

Sometimes you end up falling under that category and that’s fine; womxn can do whatever they want. Here are some things to look out for if you do catch yourself being a f*ckboy:

1. “Wyd” is just a natural text message.

You’re confident enough to slide into the DMs without fear of being judged. Either that, or you’re too lazy to put in effort in sending in a real, meaningful message.

2. You don’t care about the other people’s feelings after you’ve hooked up or slept with them.

You have needs and they need to be fulfilled. Unless stated otherwise, keep it casual. Also, keep it safe. Use condoms. Those are lit. If you’re going to commit to something, at least commit to safety.

3. Ghosting is your favorite tactic when combating clingy individuals.

I didn’t want commitment? I didn’t think you were going to take this seriously? Stop texting me throughout the day? I have a life, don’t you too?

4. You have multiple phone numbers that you haven’t saved

And they all happen to be a Sam, Kyle, or Chad. Maybe a Sarah or Ryan. They also have the same area code so that doesn’t help with distinguishing who from who.

5. But then you realize nothing is the same when your term as f*ckboy is over when you catch the feely feels

Don’t do it. Unless they’re cool enough. If you can Netflix without the chill, they might be a keeper.