This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

We all know the holidays are joyful (aka the days leading up to Christmas), but Christmas day is always a little awkward. You’ve finished tearing open your gifts and rummaging through your stockings, you are eating breakfast with your family, and all of a sudden it hits you around 11 a.m. that the holidays are now over and you have to take down your jolly decorations you so happily put up. Well, we should really take in the last day of the holidays and go out with a bang! Turn up the Christmas music and enjoy doing some of these activities on Christmas Day!

1. Go Christmas Carolling. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!

2. Bake some more! You can never have too many Christmas cookies.

3. Cuddle by the fireplace and drink hot cocoa. I mean, what more do ya need?  

4. Watch more Christmas movies. Last day to finish those last couple movies till next year!

5. Build a gingerbread house. Don’t forget about the swirly, twirly gumdrops!

6. Do a generous act. Any deed, big or small, spreads cheer. After all, the holidays are all about giving!  

7. Go on a stroll outside or in a lit neighborhood. Great way to get some air after all those cookies! Also if there’s a neighborhood all lit up with Christmas decor, that’s a nice way to feel the Christmas spirit.  

8. Go to a mountain (unless you have snow in your hometown) and have a snowball fight!  

9. Go ice skating.  

10. Help family with Christmas dinner. Like Thanksgiving round 2!  

Have yourself a merry little Christmas!