This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

1. Sunscreen is your best friend – Apply sunscreen every day! Sun protection is one of the most important elements for healthy skin. Sun damage causes a breakdown of the skin’s elastin and collagen, causing more wrinkles and sunspots.

2. Drink more water- The easiest thing you can do to ensure that your skin is well-hydrated is drinking more water. Water will get rid of scars, marks, and spots.

3. Double Cleanse – At the end of the day, it’s extremely important to remove all of the makeup and debris that has accumulated on your skin. Use a makeup wipe first to take everything off your skin. After, apply a cleanser in order to further cleanse the skin at a deeper level.

4. Eat well – What we put into our body is just as important as what we put on our face. So…try to cut out the junk food. Foods that are rich in Vitamin A, Calcium, or Vitamin C are excellent for you skin. These include papaya, beets, lemons, and so much more.

5. Get enough sleep-  “Beauty Sleep” is a real thing. During the night, your skin does the most work rejuvenating itself. By sleeping about six to eight hours a night, you should have a more refreshed face in the morning and minimized dark circles in the eye area