This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Having a fun time during Spring Break does not have to break the bank. There are multiple options to choose from in order to have a memorable week on a budget. Whether you decide to stay in town or have a little adventure, here are 10 ideas in order to have a remarkable and unforgettable Spring Break!  

1. Have a Spa Day

Utilize your spring break by having a Spa Day right in your own home! Gather some friends and make homemade masks, do your nails, watch movies, and have a blast! Even better, commemorate your spa day by having a photoshoot afterwards.

2. Be a Tourist in Your Own City

Plan a trip to your nearest city and play tourist for the day! Take pictures, try something new, or just walk around. There’s always something new to discover right in your own backyard.

3. Read a Book

Spring break is a great time for catching up on any reading—for school or just for fun. Read that book you’ve been eyeing (or maybe 5!).

4. Catch Up on Some Baking/Cooking

It’s the perfect time to try that new recipe you pinned! For even more fun, make it into a kitchen party by inviting over friends or family. If you have a competitive streak, you can make it into a cooking or baking contest!

5. Attend a Sporting Event

During the spring season, there are many sporting events available. Whether you find yourself at a hockey game, basketball game, or baseball game, sporting events are great ways to get out and have fun without breaking the bank.

6. Create Something

With all of the free time that spring break has to offer, what’s a better way to spend the day than making a little DIY project? Use this time to create something new, whether that’s  art, food, or decor!

7. Go on a Nature Adventure

Spring is usually accompanied with beautiful weather. Take advantage of it by going on a hike, riding your bike, going for a walk, or even going to the beach to soak up some sun. Add your friends for even more memories!

8. Go on a Road Trip with Friends

Plan a day-long road trip with some friends! You can save money by making food ahead of time, or just splurging on food when you get to your destination. Don’t forget to take pictures to remember your day!

9. Learn Something New

Spring break is a great time to learn something new! Websites such as skillshare.com and lynda.com are useful tools to learn outside of the classroom! There are so many subjects to choose from and it is a great way to keep your brain active during the week-long break.

10. Spring Cleaning

It isn’t called Spring Cleaning for nothing! Use your break to throw on some tunes, and throw out the old stuff that you no longer need. Spring cleaning is a great way to freshen up your life and de-clutter both technology and your living space.