This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Thank you. Thank you for making me blush every time you walked past me. Thank you for making my heart beat faster the moment I saw you walk into the classroom. Thank you for giving my friends countless inside jokes and things to gossip about at lunch. And thank you for brightening a dull day by asking me for a pencil.

It’s been years since we’ve talked. I hope that, wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, you’re happy. Believe it or not, you’ve taught me so many things that have played a part in making me the person that I am today.

Thank you for showing me the importance of following your heart and doing what you love no matter what. Thank you for teaching me how important it is to always be confident. I wish I had been more confident while talking to you, instead of turning into a nervous wreck the minute you started talking to me. At least our encounters have given me some hilarious stories to share with people. You taught me that humor is everything and showed me how easy life is when you choose to laugh at whatever it throws at you.

Thank you.