Dead Week and Finals Week Feelings Explained by Ross Geller

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

There is no sitcom character better suited to explain the roller coaster that is dead/finals week. I present to you, the one and only, Ross Geller.

1. The heightened sense of confidence going in…

If you get tough, study hard and stick to your plan, then you can do it. I’ll walk out of here with good grades, and I’ll feel good about myself. I just have to get tough.

2. WOWIE

This is more than I thought it would be! Surely my professors don’t expect me to write a paper, do a project and then take the final…Right?!

3. Don’t talk to me.

My strict study schedule does not permit time for me to socialize with anyone. According to my calculations, I have a semester’s worth of work to do in two weeks.

4. The spring break flashbacks…

I suppose I could have been studying and preparing over spring break…But what was that again? WE WERE ON A BREAK!

5. Return of the mindset

It’s all about knowing when finals/projects/papers are going to attack so we can prepare–or as I like to call it, “salmon skin roll.”

6. The rage sets in

Finals cause frustration, which causes rage so like, don’t eat my sandwich ever, but especially during finals week.

7. Thinking about summer like…

It is such a beautiful thought that I could almost fall asleep, but I don’t have time for sleep. Sleep is for the weak.

8. Confronting finals

Actions speak louder than words, right?

9. When friends start posting about their summer starting…

Then again, why am I scrolling through Instagram for the upteenth time? I have studying to do!!!

10. Questioning yourself

Why did I choose to come to college when I could be working happily at some gross food joint making minimum wage? Oh wait, that’s right…

12. Reassuring yourself before the final

We all know that we’re faking it here, but mind over matter right?

13. The first question on the test…

It’s an indescribable feeling–similar to being trapped in a tanning booth??

14. Thinking about how well the test went…

Don’t, just don’t. It’s too hard.

15. When it all becomes worth it

You’ll find your lobster out there in the dangerous world of projects and finals.