7 Thoughts You Have While Listening to Ed Sheeran’s New Album

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

You have probably heard that Ed Sheeran’s new album came out. You also probably don’t have a human heart if you don’t get ALL THE FEELS when you’re listening to the beautiful melodies that pluck at your heartstrings like no other voice can. Here are 7 thoughts I had while listening to the album.

1. This is going to be DEEP.

If you’ve never heard any of Ed Sheeran’s music – in which case i recommend immediately closing this article and heading over to Spotify and doing nothing other than listening to every single one of his songs until you’re done – than you probably weren’t mentally prepared for the emotional rollercoaster you were about to go on. Consider yourself warned.  

2. How does someone do this with their vocal cords?

As someone who sounds like a mix between a dying cat and a lawnmower when they sing, I am in awe of anyone who can sound better than a screeching hyenia when they belt a note.  

3. These lyrics explain emotions that I never knew I had.  

You think you know yourself before listening to Ed Sheeran’s lyrics, but you come out the other side with a whole new perspective on everything and in all honesty, it can be a little disorienting.  

4. Who is he writing about?

If a boy does so much as to pick up a guitar for me, let alone play one, I would probably pass out. Whoever he’s singing about, she is one lucky gal.  

5. Everything becomes a symbol.

If flowers from the grocery store, names of cities and inanimate objects can become love ballads, I bet my stats textbook, hair straightener and tennis shoes can too… right?

6. How is he still coming up with good music?

Ed Sheeran hasn’t been around THAT long, but considering the fact this is his fifth album, I considered him very accomplished. With that being said, I find it very impressive that he can still come up with original, quality jams.

7. Where can I get me my own Ed?

You’re probably lying if you haven’t imagined Ed Sheeran serenading you. Don’t lie.