5 Stages of Being Left on Read By Your Crush

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

We’ve all been here: the great excitement from receiving a message from the one person that you want to hear from most. But with that great excitement comes the greatest disappointments.

1. Sending the message

My crush texted me??? After waiting the appropriate seven minutes to make it look like I haven’t been staring at my phone waiting for a text from you to appear, I’m gonna send back a well-planned, well-answered response that gives you perfect reason to keep this little conversation going!!

2. The calm before the storm

I just sent it, so I can relax. I will receive the text back from him/her anytime now. Anytime…

3. The “20 Minute Panic”

OK, well it has been 20 minutes, so what are you doing? What could you be doing that is more important than this conversation? Besides, I’m very proud of my perfect response, and I really want you to read it so I can know what you think.

4. The “Read at 10:56 p.m.”

YOU LEFT *ME* ON READ??!!?! I had the perfect response? It was perfectly respondable? Please tell me this is a sick joke or something please.

5. The confusion

I thought we had a good thing going? I thought I liked you? Obviously I can never like someone with such blatant disrespect. What does this mean for our relationship? Who even does this?