alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

10 Staple Ways to Look Put Together (When You Could Care Less)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Whether it is one tip that you put to use or all ten, these tips can help you on the days that you’re too tired to care but still want to look put together!

1. A STATEMENT HANDBAG

When it comes down to it, the bag that you carry every day can make a big difference. It becomes an easy part of one’s everyday life, as it doesn’t need to change from day to day basis but can make an outfit look much more put together. 

2. STAPLE OUTFITS

Even though it seems to be a common idea that you shouldn’t try to repeat outfits, sometimes it’s clear certain outfits will work. Take this and run with it, use these guaranteed outfits on days you don’t feel like thinking of something new.

3. JEWELRY

A plain outfit can always look more put together with some simple jewelry. Layer necklaces, add some earrings, whether it is the same every day or you add more with a lazier outfit it can make all the difference!

4. SHOES

Everyone should have a pair of shoes they can rely on to be both comfortable AND cute. Whether it is a pair of black Chelsea boots or some cute loafers, find a pair you can wear every day and fits your style!

5. BELT

As a short person, I’m a believer in high waisted everything. Whether you are in agreement with this idea or not, a belt can make any outfit look more put together than it is. Use it to hold your pants up, or just to give structure and accent to any outfit.

6. SUNGLASSES

Throw on some sunglasses when running to class to both shield your face and decorate your look!

7. ACCENT MAKEUP

Makeup doesn’t have to be extensive, but a few more coats of mascara or some eyeshadow in the right places can make all the difference!

8. MONOCHROME

As groutfits (gray outfits) and all black come into style, monochrome can make you look like you tried a lot more than you did. Whether it’s all black or the scarier all white, pairing it together can be easy and can make you look super put together.

9. STRUCTURED JACKETS

As the weathers turning it can be too hot for a jacket, but on the colder days, it can add structure and style to a look. Leather jackets and jean jackets can add texture to any look, and if it gets warmer just roll up the sleeves!

10. MAKE A FORMULA

Finally, an easy thing to do is to make a formula for yourself. It might be weird, but as you tend to follow the same style patterns it can turn into a similar formula every day. Use this to your advantage and keep it in mind when dressing in the morning!

When it comes down to it though, if it’s a grub day its a grub day so embrace it! Dress how you feel!

Just a relatable college student doing college student things