Tips on Surviving Black Friday Madness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

What day lands between Thanksgiving and Christmas that marks the beginning of holiday shopping madness? Black Friday of course! The Friday after Thanksgiving is the only day of the year when arriving at the mall before 5 am is acceptable (unless you’re a really, really intense shopper…). However, if you’re like me, a person who enjoys the deals Black Friday offers but isn’t willing to trample people over to save money, you should take advantage of these tips to make the most of your shopping experience.

Get there early, but not too early.

The key to taking advantage of the Black Friday sales while beating (some) of the crowds is arriving at the mall mid-morning. Around this time, you’ll be able to make use of the discounts while avoiding the intense early-morning shoppers.

Know what stores you want to hit in advance.

That way, you’ll avoid wandering aimlessly through the crowds before making up your mind.

Wear comfortable shoes.

Hours of walking will be inevitable. Be sure to wear proper shoes so you can prevent premature dropping before you finish shopping!

The more the merrier!

What’s a fun day of shopping without the company of family and/or friends? Make memories going through the sales racks with your loved ones by your side. After all, there’s no better way to bond with the people you care about than spending time with them on the holidays. Black Friday included, of course!

If all else fails, there’s always Cyber Monday…

If you didn’t find what you wanted to buy on Black Friday, you can always order your desired discounted merchandise online from the comfort of your home.

Whether you decide if Black Friday or Cyber Monday (or both!) is best for you, take advantage of these deals and get ahead on your holiday shopping!