Summer 2016 Movies To Look Forward To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

We all know spring break is just a tease for summer vacation. After your tan has faded and you’ve posted all your #tbt pictures from break, look ahead to some great movies coming out this summer. Heads up – there are a lot of familiar titles and sequels. Guess the movie business is feeling nostalgic, too.

“The Jungle Book” – April 15

Look for the bear necessities ’cause “The Jungle Book” is coming back this time in live action. Watch the trailer here.

“The Huntsman” – April 22

The sequel to “Snow White and the Huntsman” won’t include Kristen Stewart this time, instead it will focus on Chris Hemsworth as the Huntsman. But who’s complaining? Watch the trailer here.

“Captain America: Civil War” – May 6

Sequel to “Captain America: The Avengers” and “The Winter Soldier,” “Captain America: Civil War” will showcase Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Spider Man and many more super heroes when political pressure to install a system of accountability of the actions of the Avengers leads to collateral damage. View the trailer here.

“Neighbors 2” – May 13

Seth Rogen and Zac Efron are back at it again. This time to take on sorority girls who move next door to Seth Rogen and his pregnant wife with the help of Zac Efron.  It’s parenthood vs. sisterhood. Check out the trailer.

“Angry Birds” – May 20

If the app just wasn’t enough, Sony created a full movie about the animated adventures of Angry Birds. Similar to the game, the plot involves the angry birds investigating the mysterious arrival of pigs to their island. View the trailer here.

“Finding Dory” – June 17  

The long awaited sequel of “Finding Nemo” is almost here! Ellen DeGeneres again voices Dory who is on the search for her family. Check out the trailer here.

“The BFG”- July 1

Steven Spielberg is making his first big family blockbuster in a long time and bringing Roald Dahl’s book to life. “BFG” is a double throwback for Spielberg and young adults everywhere. Watch the teaser trailer here.

As the semester winds down and school work picks up again, think about all the great movies coming out this summer. Which are you the most excited for?