etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Break Style: On a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Spring Break can be a pricey excursion. Tally up the cost of a resort or hotel, a flight or gas money, every margarita on the beach, and you’ll find yourself in a pinch for just about anything else. Even before you embark on the best spring break ever, you already have to spend money on bathing suits and fun new clothes for vacation. Here are some tips to avoid totally breaking the bank before you head out to your tropical oasis.

Bathing Suits

Aside from bathing suit shopping being a potential nightmare, the last thing you want to do is spend a fortune on a little piece of fabric you’ll only wear for a few hours. If you are anything like me, you like to have a new bathing suit for everyday you are out getting some sun. My favorite places to find cute, reliable bathing suits are Target and Old Navy.

I especially love these flounce tops! They are very versatile if you get them in a basic color, and you definitely don’t have to worry about coverage or continuously pulling up your top! Buy this top here for $19.99: http://www.target.com/p/women-s-embellished-flounce-crop-bikini-top-xhilaration/-/A-49159973#prodSlot=_1_20

Night-Out

After getting a nice bronze (or frying your back because you forgot to flip over and reapply sunscreen), it’s always nice to unwind with your friends at a bar or grab dinner before going out for the night. Let’s face it, style changes every day and last season’s clothes just might not make the cut and you want to invest in a new look. But looking good does not have to come at a huge cost! Check out these styles from Tobi – a great site for finding basics to fun and flirty clothes for a night out with the girls.

After spending all day in the sun, black is a great way to show off that tan. I love this dress because it shows enough skin, but isn’t too tight to make you feel uncomfortable.  Get the look here for $58! If you are using Tobi for the first time, your order is 50% off!

http://www.tobi.com/product/59532-tobi-swing-with-me-skater-dress?color_id=84986

Shoes

So you’ve bought a couple of new outfits and your normal going-out wedges are too trashed from bars and fraternity dance floors. While you’re at Target getting a cute, new bandeau bathing suit, why not pick up a new pair? Stopping by your local TJ Maxx and Marshall’s are also great places to explore if you’re trying to find a designer pair for a great price.

The wooden heel is a really fun look and totally comfortable. Whether you’re walking to dinner or from one bar to the next, this shoe will keep you moving and looking great. Get the shoe here for $34.99: http://www.target.com/p/women-s-cali-quarter-strap-sandals/-/A-50290127#prodSlot=_4_9

Staying in style during Spring Break 2016 doesn’t have to break the bank! Looking for basic and versatile pieces that can be paired with different accessories can really help get the most out of your look. Fashion never has to come at a high cost, and vacation is no exception!

Sara Ingraham is a junior at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she is pursuing a Political Science and English double major. She is a Kappa Kappa Gamma. She represents the Panhellenic Community as the Vice President of Special Events. Her free time is full of running, tennis, hiking, fashion, and traveling. Sara has lived all over the country, but has a love for the East Coast. Any afternoon with "When Harry Met Sally" and a good book is an afternoon well spent.