Our Reactions to One Direction’s Most Recent Announcement

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

We’ve all been waiting for the announcement they made this past week. Drumroll please… One Direction’s new album hits shelves on November 13th… That’s right people, November 13th. Although some of us are still brokenhearted about Zayn’s sudden exit, this new album is the band’s chance to heal our wounds. It’s also a chance for more swooning ballads that will make us question our entire existence (along with our relationship statuses). It gets better though, because if you pre-order their album, you’ll receive their most recent song, “Infinity.” Needless to say, it will blow your mind to “Infinity” and beyond. These are just some of the reactions my friends and I experienced on that glorious day.

Their announcement had us like

For some, there were hugs

For others, there were tears (of joy of course!)

Those tears didn’t last long though once we realized… more music=more music videos

It also means more tour dates

While most of our friends would relate to Calvin Harris, our excitement level was definitely at a Taylor Swift

However, we tried to remain calm

Hearing “Infinity” for the first time had us like

It also led us to question who broke their hearts and made them write those agonizingly sensitive lyrics.

We soon forget about them, because it finally sinks in… they’re back baby, and better than ever.

HCXO,

Maelin

Maelin Harris

Chapel Hill

I'm a Jesus lovin' coffee aficionado and Netflix extraordinaire. If I'm not at Alpine, I'm in my room drinking coffee from Alpine (you think I'm kidding). I would definitely consider myself to be an FBI profiler thanks to my thorough analysis of the ENTIRE Criminal Minds series... and Shemar Moore. An Arizona native, I have called North Carolina home for the past five years.