Why Join Her Campus at Chapel Hill?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

We’re on the lookout for enthusiastic, self-driven, and passionate new team members who are interested in creating engaging digital content for college women at UNC-Chapel Hill.  After re-launching March 20, 2018, our team of writers, editors, social media managers, event planners, marketing and publicity managers, community and philanthropy outreach managers, as well as photographers have helped us earn the Silver Level Chapter ranking and are continuing to grow our chapter.

Need more inspo? Here are 5 reasons why you should join:

1. Published writing pieces? Yes, please!

Want to strengthen your writing skills? Are you looking for another outlet to let your voice be heard? Need a huge boost to your resume? As a Staff Writer for Her Campus at Chapel Hill members have the opportunity to have their pieces published on a nationally acclaimed website and get a glimpse into the world of journalism. Articles are pitched and written on a weekly basis ranging on a variety of topics.

2. Gain skills in marketing, public relations, photography, community and philanthropy outreach, graphic design, editing, and more!

Writing not your thing? In addition to Staff Writers, Her Campus at Chapel Hill is comprised of a killer executive team! Being on the executive team not for you? Become an assistant or manager to the executive directors! Not only do you get a chance to develop leadership skills, but you also gain real-world experience in your industry and networking opportunities.

3. Events, nuff said!

Not only does Her Campus Chapel Hill hold small events, were on track to host even bigger and better ones this year with guest speakers, workshops, and social media campaigns. If that isn’t cool enough, members will have the opportunity to attend Her Campus sponsored events every year like  College Fashion Week and the Her Conference, which are great career building and networking events. 

​​

4. Freebies!!!!

Who doesn’t love free stuff? Her Campus Nationals sends us Survival Kits and other cool goodies which we give out to our team members and host giveaways on social media for our loyal followers. #freestuffyall

5. Team Bonding

Not only do you get to hang out and work with some amazing women on campus but you get to meet individuals from all walks of life.  Bowling night, movie night, spa night, and partnerships with local businesses are on the agenda to help bring the team closer together.

Interested in applying? Click here to join our team!

Can’t wait to hear from y’all!

A graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Maurianna served as a Senior Editor and Marketing Publicity Director before becoming Campus Correspondent. Majoring in English with a concentration in Writing, Editing, and Digital Publication, she combines her love of words and digital design as the founder of a lifestyle blog, Anna Elle Liz, and brand + web design business, Mauri's Markups. When she’s not working, you can find her volunteering at the animal shelter, binge-watching home decor shows, or finding quaint coffee shops around town.