Campus Cutie: Noah Granger ‘17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Whether he’s cheering on the Tar Heels at your favorite sporting event or gallivanting around the halls, Noah Granger will always make your day a little bit brighter. Noah is a UNC Cheerleader, a musician and a fellow Tar Heel. What more could you want?

Year: Sophomore

Major: Public Policy, Minors in Music and Hispanic Studies

Her Campus: What is your favorite part about being a UNC Tar Heel?

Noah Granger: “Man, where do I start? My favorite part about being a Tar Heel is being a cheerleader. I love being a cheerleader because it gives me a closer sense of community on campus, balancing out the large student body with a more concentrated place of belonging.”

HC: How are you involved on campus?

NG:Besides being a cheerleader, I work with Campus Rec in intramurals. I ref basketball, volleyball, and indoor soccer. Between schoolwork, being an athlete, and work, there isn’t much time to do anything else. However, I am looking forward to volunteering with underprivileged middle schoolers in the future, teaching them how to get further involved with music.”

HC: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?

NG: “I have a really good friend from Lithuania, so I would love to travel with her and her family to Lithuania. I also would love to go to one of the poles. I find those environments fascinating.”

HC: Tell me about your worst date ever. Don’t hold back.

NG: “It started out really awkward but it got better. There were vibes going on, and I asked her out to Banditos. Once I went back to my room, my nicer pants were wrinkled, so I went with basketball shorts, a t-shirt and a baseball cap. Anyways, it was just awkward.”

HC: What are the three most important qualities for your dream girl to have?

NG: “Sharp wit, driven and an appreciation for the arts.”

HC: What makes you tick? (gets you going, keeps you sane, etc.)

NG: “I love music, but being around people with spunk and in a lively atmosphere really makes me tick.”

HC: What is your Netflix obsession?

NG: “How I Met Your Mother.”

HC: You have a free two hours between classes. How do you kill time?

NG: “Probably go play the guitar and sing.”

HC: Lastly, what does the future hold for you?

NG: “After college, I plan on doing this thing in Boston called City Year. I love working with kids, and I think school is an important place for kids to develop, providing a positive enhancement to their lives especially if their home lives are not ideal. I would also love to work on some music with some friends from the Berklee College of Music and see where it takes me. Then, law school and working for the Department of Justice!”

Lily Broming

Chapel Hill

Lily Broming is currently a junior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, majoring in Economics and minoring in both Music and Social and Economic Justice. Though she is an economics student, she has always had a passion for writing and decided to dip her feet in the water by joining the UNC HC team in Spring 2014. Lily interned with Schwalb Public Relations and realized that writing might be something worth pursuing, so HC is the perfect opportunity to blend her passion for writing and her love of UNC. She has grown up with Mickey Mouse just a car ride away, so there is no surprise that she is absolutely obsessed with all things Disney. Lily loves singing in the shower (and anywhere else really), hair bows, spontaneous adventures, sweets galore, and anything music-related.