Campus Cutie George Peters ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

An exange student from England, George Peters (and his accent) have been taking Carolina by storm ever since his arrival this August. Fun-loving, hilarious, and always down to try something new, George is a great guy and an even better friend. Luckily for you ladies, he’ll be here all year!  Read on to find out more about one of our newest Tar Heels, and don’t forget to say hi when you see him on Franklin this weekend! 

Age: 20

Major: Geology

Hometown: Leatherhead, Surrey, United Kingdom.

Personal Motto: “It’s better to be pissed off than pissed on”

Celebrity Crush: Scarlett Johansson

Favorite Place To Eat on Franklin: Chipotle. It’s a fantastic hangover cure, followed by Chick-fil-A in a close second.

Favorite Place on Campus: The quad outside Wilson library on a sunny day.

Favorite Band: Arctic Monkeys or Coldplay

Fun Fact: I climbed the three peaks in the UK in under 24 hours.  

George with some other cuties

HC: Why did you choose UNC, and what’s been your favorite Carolina memory so far?GP: I wanted to experience living on a campus-style university seeing as my home institution (University College London) is based in London. My favorite moment so far has to be the first night American football game of the season. The atmosphere was electric!

HC: What’s one bucket list item?GP: Trek to the South Pole. Mainly because I love penguins. 

HC: Describe your perfect date.GP: A coffee shop or a drink in a bar. Perfect place to talk and get to know someone, while not being to full on!

HC: Describe your perfect girl.GP: I don’t really have a type! But I’ve always been partial to a blonde.

HC: If you could meet one person living or dead, who would it be and why?GP: Bob Marley. He is an inspiration and his music is unparalleled.

HC: Name your autobiography.GP: “Blame my parents.” 

HC: What 3 words describe you best?GP: Energetic, Kind, Fun/Annoying :)