Campus Cutie: DJ Pittman ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Freshman DJ Pittman stays on the move like the lease is up. Between going to class, studying in Davis library and hanging out with friends, he somehow found the time to sit down with Her Campus for an interview.

Age: 17 (Aquarius)

Major: Computer Science

Hometown: Lexington, North Carolina

Fun Fact: The second most played artist on my phone is John Legend (behind Drake, naturally)

Spirit Animal: Sloth

Relationship Status: Single

HC: Why did you choose Carolina?

DP: “I’ve always wanted to come here. It was my dream.”

HC: What’s your favorite part about Carolina?

DP: “The atmosphere and how nice everyone is.”

HC: What’s your favorite Carolina memory?

DP: “When I got my acceptance letter.”

HC: How would you describe yourself?

DP: “I’m outgoing and easy to talk to. I’m always looking for a conversation. I’m nice on most days––but you know everyone has those days.”

HC: What’s playing on your phone right now?

DP: “Drake, Hotline Bling. It’s the best song out right now.”

HC: What’s your favorite part of campus?

DP: “The pit after 12:00 because of all the people––I like people.”

HC:  “Who are your top three favorite artists?

DP: “Drake, J. Cole, and Kendrick Lamar.”

HC: What makes you different?

DP: “My generosity and I always have a visor on.”

HC: Why visors?

DP: “I just like to start my own fashion statements and nobody is really wearing visors. I started wearing them my senior year of high school. At first I wore them backwards but then I just started wearing them the normal way.”

HC: Describe your dream date

DP: “Going anywhere where she pays. That’s definitely a dream date––somewhere I don’t have to get water.”

HC: If you had a claim to fame what would it be?

DP: “My smile.”

HC: What are the top three qualities you look for in a girl?

DP:  “Loyalty, honesty, and beauty.”

Ladies, if you want to know DJ more you can keep up with him via Twitter @Mr_Lowkey336 and Instagram Mr_Lowkey336. You’re welcome!

Renee is currently a Freshman at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill majoring in Journalism. In her free time she loves making Starbucks runs, taking pictures of people and places that are interesting, and utilizing her mantra "no pressure, no diamonds."
Rachael is a senior public relations major at UNC–Chapel Hill. In addition to being the president/co-campus correspondent of Her Campus Chapel Hill, Rachael is also a member of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority and a mentor for EASE, a study abroad organization. She is an enthusiast of Snapchat, strong coffee, and "hardcore parkour" goat videos.