Campus Cutie: Andrew Wood ‘15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

As an RA on my hall last year and a mutual friend, senior Andrew Wood was one of the first people I met at UNC-Chapel Hill. He was a great RA and has been a great friend ever since. Andrew’s tons of fun and, like a true Tar Heel (and Carolina Fever Director), he’s crazy for Carolina athletics.  Check out this week’s Campus Cutie:

Name: Andrew Wood

Age: 21

Year: Senior

Hometown: Bellmore, NY

Major: Business Administration and Chemistry

Favorite Hobby: Pickup Basketball, but if it’s a Saturday, watching College Football/Barclays Premier League

Fun Fact: I have been a certified Scuba Diver for 10 years

Celebrity Crush: Bar Refaeli, if you don’t know her, definitely worth a Google search

Her Campus: What all are you involved in?

Andrew Wood: Currently on the fundraising committee for Carolina Fever (previously on Publicity and Philanthropy), and serve as a panel member for High School Academic Days through the Undergraduate Admissions Office and a liaison for recruitment for the Assured Admission Program for the Kenan-Flagler Business School. This past summer I was also a TA for BUSI 203: Business in South Asia, which was a 3-week immersion course in India.

HC: What’s one of your favorite memories as a student at Carolina?

AW: Rushing the court for last year’s Duke v. UNC game at the Dean Dome. Since it was around my 21st birthday and I had bad memories from the 2012 Duke v. UNC home game, it was an incredible experience to win one at home with so many of my closest friends. A day I will never forget for sure!

HC: What will you miss about being a Carolina Fever director after graduation?

AW: The people, end of story. I have met so many of my closest friends through Carolina Fever and I continue to meet and be inspired by so many other Tar Heels. I am so fortunate to attend such a great university (especially being an out-of-stater), and the opportunity I have to cheer on our teams with so many other students is an awesome experience.

HC: What’s on your UNC bucket list before graduation in May?

AW: Hopefully win a NCAA Basketball Championship and storm Franklin St. In addition to that, I definitely need to go to the Morehead Planetarium at least once and climb the bell tower on Senior Day.

HC: What is your perfect date?

AW: I love spending time outside. So the perfect date would probably consist of a nice outdoor late lunch followed by a concert (preferably outdoors) of my date’s choosing. I love and enjoy a variety of music, so I would pick a band/artist that my date would love to see live.

HC: What is one quality that you always look for in a girl?

AW: Bubbly personality (a nice smile is always a plus though). I love having a good time around great company and a girl who is able to smile, laugh and have just as much fun as I am having is a great quality to have.

HC: Who inspires you?

AW: Randy Pausch, former computer science professor at Carnegie Mellon. His “Last Lecture” (both the video and the book) tells a great story about how to live your life and achieve your childhood dreams. Definitely recommend it to anyone who has not seen/read it.

Mikala is majoring in Journalism (Public Relations Specialization) and Global Studies and is minoring in Hispanic Studies. Her learning experiences both from PR courses and from outside PR experiences have led to Mikala's aspiration to become a PR practitioner. She hopes to continue learning more about PR through her current experiences and through future internships.