Campus Cutie: Aaron Eric Epps ‘18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

When he isn’t facilitating events for Craige Government (CoGo,) serving as a member of MSRC select, or greeting at least 75% of the people in his vicinity, you can find him singing, studying or hanging out with friends. Thankfully, this outgoing freshman found time in his busy schedule for an exclusive interview for HerCampus…

Age: 18

Major: Political Science

Hometown: Fairmont, North Carolina

Personal Motto:Surround yourself with people who make you hungry for life, touch your heart, and nourish your soul.”

Fun Fact: I’m adopted.

Spirit Animal: White Tiger

If you could write a tweet that the entire student body could see, what would it say?

“No matter where I go or what I face in life, I know God is right by my side. That level of assurance is priceless and indescribable.”

What’s been your favorite memory thus far as a student at Carolina?

Pit performing with Harmonyx! I love performing with them because we’re not as popular as other A Capella groups and having the opportunity to perform on such a public stage on such a beautiful day was such a great experience and great way to reach a broad audience.

Describe your perfect date!

Earlier in the day I’ll deliver flowers and an edible arrangement that we can both share. Then after 45 minutes (to get all dressed up) we can leave around 7-8, doesn’t matter. And then we’ll go out to eat, and she can get whatever she wants. Then we can head to an outdoor movie, and after we’ll go my place **winks**

What’s your favorite thing about Carolina?

I like the leaves during the fall, Coker Arboretum in summer, Carolina basketball all the time, and meeting new people. I also love the liberty to just be yourself and knowing confidently that the Carolina community has your back and no matter what you are interested in, you can pursue it.

So, word on the street is you’re running for *BSM’s Mr. Freshman….

Yeah, I’m running for Mr. Freshman and I’m really excited. I really want to obtain this honor and utilize it as a platform to educate others about my culture and use this position to be an ambassador for the Black community.

And what are you looking forward to most about the BSM ball?

Slaying on Instagram with my beautiful escort Gwendolyn Renee (preview below), dressing up, and seeing people in their formal attire….oh, and of course seeing if I win or not.

Mr. Epps can be reached via Twitter @asquared96, Instagram @aeepps, or if you like it the old fashion way, his official Facebook name is Aaron Eric Epps. #yourewelcome

If you would like to see him in action, come to Upendo Lounge at 5:30 PM on Wednesday, November 5th to see what he’s all about!

*BSM is an abbreviation of Black Student Movement, a student organization that voices the concerns and grievances of its members to the University, to offer outlets for expressing Black ideals and culture. For more information, visit their website and keep up with current events by following them on Twitter @unc_bsm.

Renee is currently a Freshman at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill majoring in Journalism. In her free time she loves making Starbucks runs, taking pictures of people and places that are interesting, and utilizing her mantra "no pressure, no diamonds."