Campus Celebrity: Taylor Torcasso ‘17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Fashionista Taylor Torcasso opens up to Her Campus about her involvement here at UNC and her life as an ambassador for Boohoo brand. Taylor is a sophomore, majoring in Journalism and minoring in Studio Art. She’s from the small town of Mooresville, North Carolina.

Her Campus: What exactly is Boohoo?

Taylor: BooHoo is a European clothing website, complete with plenty of cute accessories. There are no Boohoo stores here in the US, but there is always a 25% off coupon online. Our products are really cute!

HC: What is your position at Boohoo, and what all does that entail?

Taylor: I’m a brand ambassador, and the social media representative. I run Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts that promote Boohoo. I take pictures of Boohoo clothing and accessories and put them on our social media sites, using the Boohoo logo. Each month, I get $150 on my Boohoo account to buy the Boohoo items, and wear them around campus to promote them.

HC:  What is your favorite experience of being a Boohoo brand ambassador?

Taylor: It’s an awesome experience even wearing the clothes. If people ask about them, I can talk about how my experiences have been and how great the Boohoo clothes are. It’s exciting to see people get excited about the clothes and the brands of Boohoo. I love being able to introduce the clothes to people who have never heard about them!

HC: What events/opportunities are you excited about in the future?

Taylor: We actually have an event coming up in November, kinda like a fashion show. Also, we have a rack of clothing that everyone can come in and try on. It’s all about people coming in and finding what fits them best and what is most comfortable for them. Being comfortable in your body is very important to Boohoo, and I love that about our company.

HC:  What are your responsibilities of being a Boohoo ambassador?

Taylor: It is important for me to always keep the brand in a positive light. I want to make everyone feel a part of it. For instance, there is men’s clothing, so I have to reach out to the men on campus about it. Also because it’s a European site, many people haven’t had the chance to hear about it, and my job is to promote it and get awareness about the brand and their style.

HC:  What other clubs or organizations are you involved in on campus?

Taylor: I’m in the Chi Omega sorority, which I love being a part of. We’re very involved in service projects and philanthropy events on campus.

HC: Has working for Boohoo changed your ideas and plans for your future?

Taylor: Surprisingly, yes! I’ve always wanted to do something with fashion and was deadset on writing for a fashion magazine. After being involved with Boohoo and being the social media representative, I’m leaning toward advertising now. Fashion will definitely be in my future though!

Check out Boohoo’s cute clothes and great deals!

Sophomore at UNC