Campus Celeb: Grace Lee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Fashionably friendly and always kind, Grace Lee keeps it on point. Head of her own fashion blog, Gracefullee Made, Grace brings a new level of style to UNC. Since we profiled her last year, her following has grown and she’s made new inroads into the fashion world — including a partnership with Kendra Scott. Her determined disposition and classy attitude (plus her fabulous wardrobe) make her easily recognizable around campus. Now a junior and having adjusted to the college scene, she dishes to Her Campus about fashion, Olivia Palermo and a chance to win some Kendra Scott bling below.

Speed Round:

Major: Journalism – Public Relations

Year: Junior

Hometown: Fayetteville, NC

Best Yo-Po Flavor: Cake Batter

Favorite Netflix Series:

I actually don’t have Netflix. Surprise, surprise haha. I’m not a huge vampires or werewolf fan, but I love watching The Vampire Diaries on the CW.

Favorite thing about UNC?

My favorite thing about UNC is the school spirit here. Whether it’s a basketball game or just supporting an event, it is such a fun environment to be around. I always have so much pride for our school.

Hobbies/interests? I like to blog, read, and watch movies. I may not watch a lot of TV shows, but watching movies is my favorite type of relaxation.

HC: What inspired you to start Gracefullee Made?

GL: I was always interested in fashion since high school, and I wanted to have an outlet to document my personal style and what inspired me. I started blogging my sophomore year of high school, and it has definitely gone through major changes over the years.  

HC: What advice would you give someone interested in starting their own blog?

GL: There are always two things that automatically come to mind when asked this question.

1) Be consistent with your content AND your posting. This is IMPORTANT because readers like to see consistency when viewing your blog. You want to have fresh content up and at the same time when you post so your readers know what to expect. It doesn’t have to be everyday, as long as you stick with the schedule that is right for you.

2) Be patient. Good things take time. Successful blogs weren’t built overnight, so don’t expect to have a mass following the next day. But also, be a hard worker. Set goals for yourself and your blog. One thing I learned is that if you’re really passionate about blogging, then companies and sponsors will soon realize that too. Trust me, it’ll show. Just keep doing you, keep posting and things will work out the way you want them to.

HC: Who is your ultimate fashion inspiration?

GL: My ultimate fashion inspiration is actually another fashion blogger that I first followed when I started blogging. Her name is Blair Eadie and she blogs over at Atlantic-Pacific. (http://atlantic-pacific.blogspot.com/) – she has a sophisticated, unique style that differs from other bloggers. I love how she can be clean and polished in one look, and then be sporty chic for the next. It’s all about balancing the look with the right accessories, and she pulls it off so well.

HC: If you were on a desert island and could only have the wardrobe of one celebrity, who would it be and why?

GL: I would have to say Olivia Palermo because she has the wardrobe that most girls would swoon over. Her outfits can do no wrong, and she is well known for her styling expertise. I do have to say this though: it would be a shame that no one would see my (her?) wardrobe on this deserted island!

HC: Your game day outfits are always point. How do you decide what to wear?

GL: Aw, thank you! I’m one of those people that tries not to “blend in” with everyone else on game days. I like to look polished for games because I feel more confident and more like myself when I’m dressed suitably. As for deciding on what to wear, I always focus on an item that I want to definitely wear first. And then I build my look around that. For instance, if I really want to wear white tassel earrings for the game, I’ll try to find a dress or a top that would coordinate best with the accessories.

HC: A little birdie told us you are doing a collaboration with Kendra Scott. Could you tell us more?

GL: Yes!! I’m actually hosting a Kendra Scott giveaway THIS ENTIRE MONTH over on Instagram. I’ll be picking TWO winners through the hashtags #KSGameDay and #KSSouthpoint. The winners will be gifted a Kendra Scott signature set that is valued at $190! All you have to do is 1) upload a “tailgate look” on Instagram or just use the hashtag on an old tailgate look that you already posted and 2) use hashtags #KSGameDay and #KSSouthpoint so I can find it and 3) follow me on instagram: @bygracelee and 4) simply “like” the Kendra Scott Streets at Southpoint – Durham Facebook page and you’re all set! If you have any other questions or want to know more, it’s all in this post here: http://bit.ly/1N8AzSe – looking forward to seeing your looks! :)

Don’t forget to upload your best UNC-Duke looks from Homecoming this past weekend, collegiettes!

And for more fashion-forward fun, check out Grace’s blog at www.gracefulleemade.com!

Hi! I'm Samantha and I am a writer for the UNC division of Her Campus!
Rachael is a senior public relations major at UNC–Chapel Hill. In addition to being the president/co-campus correspondent of Her Campus Chapel Hill, Rachael is also a member of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority and a mentor for EASE, a study abroad organization. She is an enthusiast of Snapchat, strong coffee, and "hardcore parkour" goat videos.