9 Thoughts We Have Before Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.
  1. “Wait, that paper’s due on Tuesday?!?!?!”

Remember that ten page paper you’ve been avoiding since the first day of class? Yeah, it’s due the day before break. Happy Thanksgiving…

2. “Don’t eat that pizza… you’ll be eating enough over break.”

Mom’s homemade stuffing, pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, and hand carved turkey… ‘nuff said.

3. “Should I make up a fake boyfriend?”

“Any special men in your life?” HAHA good one Aunt June.

4. “Mom’s gonna make us take so many pictures.”

We all know mom thinks Thanksgiving is the perfect time to force us to look happy for a family picture. Please don’t put that in our Christmas card.

5. “LEFTOVERS”

Arguably the best part of going home for Thanksgiving. Mom’s pumpkin pie never gets old.

6. “When do they start playing Christmas music on the radio again?”

We all know Frank Sinatra’s Christmas album is the only thing that’s going to get us through finals. We’re all counting on you, Frank.

7. “Speaking of finals… Should I start studying?”

We’ll just study over break, right?

8. “Where should I go first on Black Friday?”

Get your elbows ready ladies… that half price puffer vest isn’t going to buy itself.

9. CHRISTMAS IS COMING

Thanksgiving means the end of November, the end of November means December, and we all know December means: Christmas. Let’s be real, at this point we’re pre-gaming for Christmas, people.

Enjoy your time with family, friends, and Friday deals. Are finals around the corner? Perhaps. Are we going to continue pretending they don’t exist? Absolutely. As always, hang in there ladies! Remember: the best way to spread Christmas cheer is shopping loud for all to hear… that’s how the saying goes, right?

HCXO,

Maelin

Maelin Harris

Chapel Hill

I'm a Jesus lovin' coffee aficionado and Netflix extraordinaire. If I'm not at Alpine, I'm in my room drinking coffee from Alpine (you think I'm kidding). I would definitely consider myself to be an FBI profiler thanks to my thorough analysis of the ENTIRE Criminal Minds series... and Shemar Moore. An Arizona native, I have called North Carolina home for the past five years.
Rachael is a senior public relations major at UNC–Chapel Hill. In addition to being the president/co-campus correspondent of Her Campus Chapel Hill, Rachael is also a member of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority and a mentor for EASE, a study abroad organization. She is an enthusiast of Snapchat, strong coffee, and "hardcore parkour" goat videos.