7 Affordable Places to get a Spring Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

We’re all broke college students, and we all want to look nice in clothes we feel confident in. Unfortunately, those desires don’t always go hand-in-hand. Here are a few places you can find an awesome, new spring wardrobe without breaking the bank!

Marshalls & TJ Maxx

Marshalls and TJ Maxx should be the first stop for a college student working with a budget. Both stores bring in clothes from past seasons and sell them for a discounted price. The brands they carry range from Free People to Nike. Try to figure out what day the store closest to you restocks inventory, and be the first one there for all the deals!

Nordstrom Rack

Nordstrom Rack is similar to Marshalls and TJ Maxx because they sell clothes from past seasons. Nordstrom Rack carries the same brands as Nordstrom, but the prices are significantly cheaper. Check Nordstrom Rack before ordering a full price item from Nordstrom.

Forever 21

Ah, the old faithful. Forever 21 has always been a staple store for college students. The clothes are cute and inexpensive. College students on a budget should consider buying “trendy” inexpensive clothes from Forever 21 instead of splurging on a piece from a department store that will go out of style in two months.

HauteLook

HauteLook is a secret gem. HauteLook is a flash sale website that has new sale events every day that expire in about two days. The new sale events include things like AG Jeans, Ray Ban, Free People, and more. The sale events start at 11 a.m. eastern on the weekdays. Sale items stay in your shopping cart for 15 minutes until you have to add them again so you need to be ready to shop!

Romwe

Romwe is similar to Forever 21; the clothes are super cute, on trend, and inexpensive. Romwe always has new sale deals popping up, so you can either check their website to see deals or sign up to receive emails with their deals.

Lulus

Lulus can run on the moderate to expensive side, but if you shop during a good sale event, the prices are perfect for college students. A lot of college students use Lulus to find cheap dresses for formals or cocktails. Lulus also offers free shipping over $50 and free returns.

Zappos & 6pm

If you are trying to find spring sandals that won’t break the bank, look no further than 6pm or Zappos. These two online stores offer designer shoes and clothes for amazing prices! If you find a designer shoe that you like, always check 6pm or Zappos to see if you can find a similar one that is $70 cheaper.

Can you think of any places we missed?

Raquel McLeod

Chapel Hill

Tessa Palmer

Chapel Hill

Tessa is a senior English major at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She enjoys crocheting, watching Netflix, and petting fluffy animals.