5 Must-Watch Youtubers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Any budding fashionista or beauty guru knows that Youtube is the best source for advice and tips. There are so many upcoming Youtube sensations that share everything from beauty tips and where to buy the season’s cutest clothes to their vacations with their beau. However, every Youtuber can’t gain the same amount popularity. So here’s my 5 favorite Youtube sensations that you should totally check out over Winter Break!

1. RavenElyse

A 22-year old Texas native and recent graduate with a Bachelor’s in Fashion Design, Raven was my first Youtube subscription. When I first began following her, she was a junior college student who worked at Charlotte Russe and managed to have killer style and sell clothes she designed. I’ve watched her transform from that into a college graduate who is continuously building her brand (and spoiler alert: she’s pregnant!).

2. Shirley B. Eniang

From the moment I stumbled upon Shirley’s channel, I knew I had to subscribe. She’s an African beauty with an immense amount of style and elegance – essentially everything I want to embody throughout my life. Let’s not forget to mention she has a British accent. Her lookbooks help me determine my seasonal wardrobe staples and her ‘get ready with me’ videos show me must-have products. What’s not to love?

3. Patricia Bright

Patricia is another British Youtuber with an amazing style & life (are you seeing a trend here?). I love most about Patricia how candid she is. She speaks so openly about her interracial relationship, the gap in her teeth, and even her breast augmentation. She celebrates doing everything that makes you happy and fulfilled, regardless if people can be critical about it. Her makeup and wardrobe are also on point.

4. TheLineUp

There aren’t many things more fabulous in this world than being chic and stylish with your best friend. Swedish natives Maya and Julia do just that through their Youtube channel called TheLineUp. When I discovered the pair, I immediately texted my best friend and asked if we could have a best friend blog (needless to say it didn’t work out so well). Every month they post a favorites video and do a lookbook every season. Their videos allow me to explore popular European brands that aren’t as well known here is America. Also, because they are two girls with different styles I can find great pieces from both of their wardrobes. Maya & Julia make European life seem so fun!

5. Mimi Ikonn

Mimi Ikonn is just all around GOALS. Like a few of my other favorites, Mimi is currently in London. Her channel depicts the life and adventures of her and her husband Alex. She records everything from her ‘Greece Outfit Diary’ to ‘How to Deal with Negativity.’ I aspire to her dreamy lifestyle of London flats and Stella McCartney bags. She seems to genuinely enjoy the globe-trotting life she’s created through Youtube with her husband.

I hope these gurus inspire you to be the best you as we end 2015 and enter 2016. Happy Youtube-ing!

Kiana Murden

Chapel Hill

Kiana Murden is a sophomore at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She is a Journalism - Public Relations major with a cognitive science minor. She is an Orientation Leader, Carolina Fever Public Relations Director, and a member of UNC Dance Marathons Fundraising Committee. When not focusing on school or work, she is probably shopping (or wishing she was).