5 Motivational Quotes to Get You Through The Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Monday’s motivation:

“Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

Listen to Eleanor! Instead of waking up this Monday morning and dreading the week ahead, determine to do something new every day. Make it a goal for yourself to take a few risks this week and you won’t find yourself stuck in a mundane routine anymore.

Tuesday’s inspiration:

“Do not fear mistakes. There are none.” – Miles Davis

I love this quote from Miles Davis. We should never, never, never fear making a mistake! We won’t know if something will work out until we try; tackle each new task that is presented to you with an opportunistic outlook this week, and don’t be worried about doing something the “wrong” way. Live and learn from trial and error today!

Wednesday’s words of wisdom:

“The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” – William Shakespeare

Use this Wednesday as an opportunity to do something for someone else. Maybe your week is going great, but it would be even better if you shared some of those good vibes with others! A kind gesture toward a friend or even a stranger goes a long way. Give a little away this week and try to notice the difference it makes in your life.

Thursday’s encouragement:

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill

Today’s quote inspires courage. You’ve almost made it to Friday, but you might be looking back on this week and thinking: “How can I make it one more day? What have I actually accomplished this week? Everything has gone so poorly!” Wrong. You’re strong enough to persevere and to not dwell on the past. Find the courage to push on today and every day of the week.

Friday’s reward:

“We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.” – Mother TeresaIf you’re anything like me, you wake up smiling on a Friday morning because the weekend is finally here! We should all wear that smile all day long. Happiness is contagious, and everyone deserves to smile…even if it’s not Friday. Turn your frown upside down, and keep it up all week long. No excuses. Life is meant to be enjoyed! So enjoy today and every day of your life. 

Lauren is a junior at UNC-Chapel Hill, majoring in business journalism with a minor in Spanish for the business professions. In addition to writing for HerCampus, Lauren is an assistant for Talking Biz News, a website for business journalists, where she helps curate content and raise money for the organization. Lauren also enjoys volunteering at the University Baptist Church and at La ISLA, an organization for Spanish-speaking children in her community. Some of Lauren's favorite pasttimes include running, traveling, cooking, eating new foods and writing.
Rachael is a senior public relations major at UNC–Chapel Hill. In addition to being the president/co-campus correspondent of Her Campus Chapel Hill, Rachael is also a member of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority and a mentor for EASE, a study abroad organization. She is an enthusiast of Snapchat, strong coffee, and "hardcore parkour" goat videos.