5 Instas You Need To Follow During Fashion Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

February is known as the month of love, and for me it’s definitely a love for fashion. New York City Fashion Week began February 8th, and Fashion Month will continue on as designers will show their Fall/Winter collections in London, Milan and Paris. Sadly, I could not attend any shows due to my academic duties (I wish), so I must live vicariously through some of the elite that sit front row. These five Instagrams accounts are must-follows for anyone that loves Fashion Month as much as I do.

1. Nicole Warne – @garypeppergirl

Australian native Nicole began her rise to fashion fame when she began a blog and eBay store selling vintage accessories and womenswear. This ebay store, Gary Pepper Vintage, soon became one of the largest online vintage retailers in Australia. In addition, her fashion blog is now a full time business. She was recently featured on Lucky Magazine with fellow blogger Chiara Ferragni. Her instagram currently boasts one million followers.

2. Chiara Ferragni – @chiaraferragni

Chiara is widely known as the most famous and followed style blogger in the world. With over three million instagram followers and having an entire staff running her blog, The Blonde Salad,  this Italian beauty has collaborated with many major Fashion Houses. Chiara also has her own shoe line, the Chiara Ferragni Collection. She posts frequently on her instagram with a first row seat at every fashion week.

3. Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis – @elisabethtnt

Elizabeth is a German princess with a penchant for high fashion. She recently was appointed Vogue’s Style Editor at Large and writes for multiple German and international art and style magazines. She is known by “TNT” by friends, and her instagram features a mixture of front-row shots, street style and the lifestyle of a travelling, socialite princess.

4. Net-A-Porter – @netaporter

Net-A-Porter is a global high-fashion online retailer. The website is functioned in a magazine format and features designers from Valentino to J.Crew. With over one million followers, Net-A-Porter’s instagram posts pictures from almost every runway show and even close-ups of some of the clothing and accessories.

5. Glamour Magazine – @glamourmag

Glamour Magazine is possibly my favorite instagram account that I follow! The magazine not only posts pictures and videos of fashion month’s biggest shows, but the models backstage and famous show-goers in the audience. Glamour boasts about 640,000 instagram followers and combines some of the best Fashion Month pictures with sassy and relatable captions.

Overall, Instagram has allowed fashion-lovers all over the world to get their fix of the newest trends without having receive an invite to the exclusive runway shows. Following these accounts will help you get an edge on your next shopping spree and inspire you to be the chicest girl on campus!