This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Let’s be real ladies. As the weather gets warmer and North Carolina heats up like a twitter argument between exes, maintaining your mane is just too much. Between frizz and pollen and wind, having effortlessly gorgeous locks is impossible. Switch it up with some kickin braided looks that are guaranteed to turn heads!

1. Khloe Kardashian double cornrows: Khloe is slaying so hard here. Pair with large gold hoops and a nude lip to complete this Kardashian’s chic look.

2. Braid into teased high pony: This is the perfect date night or concert hairstyle. Add a colorful romper and bright accessories and you’re ready to hit the town!

3. Dutch braid into high bun: This braid-to-bun look exudes swag and looks so 90’s grunge while still being cute. Add a choker, some crazy stud earrings, and natural makeup for this off-the-hook hairstyle.

4. Jessica Alba’s rockstar side braid with straight hair: J-Abls KILLS the dainty rocker-chick faux cornrow with a smokey eye and stick straight hair. This is perfect for a day when you want to add a little kick while keeping it simple.

5. Fishtail pony braid: Who says you can’t look cute and sporty?!? This high pony fishtail will add a level of “OOMPH” to your leggings and t-shirt while keeping your hair out of your face.

With these bangin’ plaits, your hair will be stylish and under control this spring!

Hannah Hudson

Chapel Hill

Hannah Hudson is a sophomore at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill pursuing a degree in Strategic Communications with a minor in Advertising. She leads Young Life College, a Christian Outreach Program, on UNC's campus and is a Marketing Committee Chair of She's The First, a non-profit that provides scholarships to girls in low-income countries. She loves quoting Michael Scott whenever possible, believes Leslie Knope is her spirit animal, and drinks more coffee than water. Chances are she's currently wearing something with polka dots on it. Follow her on Instagram @the_hudsonbae