Style > Beauty

10 Beauty, Lifestyle and Fashion Gurus to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

With the millions of beauty bloggers and vloggers, sometimes it’s hard to find ones that are your perfect fit.  Lucky for us, the title of “beauty” encompasses more than just makeup on YouTube – lifestyle, fashion, hair tutorials, survival guides – you name it! If you’re ever looking for some new faces or some top players in the game, below are 10 Beauty YouTubers you should check out:

1. Carli Bybel

Carli does everything from makeup tutorials and recommendations to products reviews.

2. Kayley Melissa

Looking for a bridesmaid hairstyle? One for prom? How about quick hairstyles for school? Well, Kayley is your gal! She provides hairstyle tutorials for all, I repeat – all, hair lengths.

3. SunKissAlba

“Helping you feel beautiful from the inside out” is her motto. If you’re into clean beauty (and living), SunKissAlba will inspire, encourage or help you continue your “clean” journey.

4. Jackie Wyers

Jackie creates tutorials inspired by pop culture, so if you ever wanted to channel some Cheryl Blossom vibes from Riverdale, Jackie is your go to!

5. Alissa Ashley 

You know when you get your makeup done, the stylist works her magic, and you’ve transformed into the fierce women you know you are? Alissa is your stylist, and she’s here to teach you the tips and tricks to looking on fleek every day!

6. Zoella 

This beauty vlogger does just about everything from fashion and beauty hauls to home décor videos.

7. Jeannie Amapola

In addition to the typical beauty related videos, Jeannie also creates funny and relatable comedy sketches parodying topics like child you vs. high school you style, and advice vids like how to survive in college. 

8. Hayley Pham 

We all have the daring friend who isn’t afraid to try anything. Hayley is that virtual friend who takes the risks so we don’t have to.

9. As/Is 

Part of BuzzFeed,  As/Is creates daily videos about fashion, beauty, style, body positivity, and anything else you can think of female-related.

10.  grav3yardgirl

Putting a twist on traditional fashion and beauty, Bunny a.k.a grav3yardgirl also runs series called “Does This Thing Really Work?” where she tests out “As Seen on TV” products.

Who are some of your favorite Beauty Gurus?

All screenshots are taken from the respective YouTuber’s page. 
A graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Maurianna served as a Senior Editor and Marketing Publicity Director before becoming Campus Correspondent. Majoring in English with a concentration in Writing, Editing, and Digital Publication, she combines her love of words and digital design as the founder of a lifestyle blog, Anna Elle Liz, and brand + web design business, Mauri's Markups. When she’s not working, you can find her volunteering at the animal shelter, binge-watching home decor shows, or finding quaint coffee shops around town.