Campus Cutie: Melissa Holden

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CCCU chapter.

This week we interview our very own Editor-in-Chief, Melissa Holden, who has been extremely busy with her brand new book release which is available on Amazon right now!

Name: Melissa Holden

Age: 20

Hometown: Dartford

Degree: Creative and Professional Writing

Year of Graduation: 2015

Relationship Status: Single Pringle

The Favourites:

Favourite Food: Bacon

Favourite Band: Nickelback

Favourite TV Show: Doctor Who

Favourite Movie: Pretty Woman

Favourite Book: Perks of Being a Wallflower

Favourite Sports Team: Griffindor Quidditch :P 

Q & A:

Let’s start with our usual questions! Who is your Celebrity crush?

Dylan O’Brien! 

Do you have a plan for once you finish university?

Write a dozen more books! 

So recently your brand new book, Searching for Katherine, has been released on Amazon in both paperback and e-book format. That must have been hard work. How long did it take you to get the book released? 

Long story very short – it was supposed to be released in July but it just wasn’t ready! So I’ve basically spent nine months writing and editing this book until I decided to release it into the big bad world. 

Can you tell us a little bit about the plot?

Jennifer and Katherine are living the typical post university life, drinking lots of tea and going clubbing. But when Katherine is kidnapped in a night club, Jennifer’s whole world is turned upside down. Could her luck finally have changed for the better when Marcus enters her life, or is it about to get a whole lot worse? 

This isn’t your first published book, so how many books do you currently have available to order? 

Seven. Here is my Amazon page so you can have a gander. 

Out of all your books which one are you most proud of? 

Definitely this one! It helped me learn so much. Especially about cover design – I am actually having all of my covers re-done by fellow author and photographer, Mark Looker. 

To write all these novels, be studying at university and be Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus CCCU must take a lot of time. How do you balance it all and could you give our readers some tips about time management?
I am very dedicated to my writing career – because it is my career and it is what I love doing. Yes, it does take up a lot of my time, but not only is it my job, it’s my hobby. Time management is vital with my life because otherwise I would just lose that plot (which does happen apon occasion!) The important thing is to keep track of what you have coming up and just keep calm. 

Melissa’s Contact Details:
Hi Guys, I'm Mason. I'm currently studying Drama at CCCU. I'm a huge Film and TV Geek, Disney Fan and Part-time Gamer.... I say Gamer, I actually meaning running around with no clue on how I actually play the game! Make sure you follow me on Twitter @masoncooper7 and send me a tweet if you have any suggestions or opinions you want to express! 
I'm a 20 year old self-published author who blogs a lot and drinks far too much tea! Melissa Holden's Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MelissaHoldenWriter Melissa Holden's Amazon Page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Melissa-Holden/e/B00GSL71SE/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1416236950&sr=8-1