Survival Kit 101: Things We Can’t Live Without

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

This past week, HerCampusCAU was sent a back to school survival kit. Our package contained many goodies that will carry us throughout the year. We received items from Aeropostale, Bed Head, Spindrift Sparkling Water, Hi Chew Candy, Steripods, and Erin Condren. These may not seem like your ordinary back to school supplies, but besides paper and pencils, it is safe to say that having a successful year would not be possible without these things.  Here’s some insight on five items that I liked the most:

• Areopostale Accessories- For those who may not be aware, Aeropostale is a company who offers a different and fun style for both genders to express their personality and express themselves through clothing. In our package, we received packs of earrings and sunglasses. The earrings ranged from hoops to studs and the sunglasses were all different styles. Earrings and sunglasses are like the cherry on top of any outfit. Everybody knows that a persons accessory can make or break an outfit, and these items from Aeropostale will definitely add more flavor. Areopostale also has an amazing denim assortment. They have many styles and colors to choose from at a decent price. With its super stretchy material, these jeans can fit any body type.
  • Bed Head- Bed Head is a haircare line that offers hair products for every hair need. It contains products for everyday care, colored hair, hair treatments and even products for men. We received the masterpiece shine hairspray, dirty secret dry shampoo, hard head hairspray, and the “Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo.”  The shine spray is perfect for making sure our hair is super shiny while resisting humidity at the same time.  The dry shampoo is good for when we want to hang on to our hairstyles for just a few more days. The hard head hairspray is for when we’re trying to keep our curls tight so that they can hold up all night. Going back to school with new hairstyles means that hair products will be needed and these products are the right way to go.
  • Spindrift Sparkling Water- Spindrift Sparkling Water is America’s first and only brand that is made with real, squeezed fruit. This refreshing drink is naturally sweet and comes in many flavors like strawberry, orange mango, lemon, cucumber, and many more. It’s best to drink while cold and is the right way to go when trying to stay hydrated during the long school day.
  • Erin Condren Messaging- Erin Condrin Messaging is what we need to stay organized throughout the school year. This is a lifestyle brand that is dedicated to creating personalized and customized organizational and lifetime products. We were given the Erin Condren Hardbound LifePlanner which is a super cute planner that will help us get our lives together!
  • Steripod- The Steripod clip toothbrush protector has active vapors to keep our toothbrushes fresh for up to three months. Most toothbrush cases begin to hold an odor after a while, but these are designed so that air can circulate freely in order to allow the brushes to dry naturally. These come in many colors and are sold at many places. Everybody wants pretty teeth and fresh breath, but it all starts with how we treat out toothbrushes.

Photo Credits: Link

Born and raised in Covington,GA , Jayla Ores is a freshmen at the Illustrious Clark Atlanta University. She is majoring in Mass Media with hopes of having her own talk show.