This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Love is in the air, and we know you’re thinking of the perfect gift and the perfect date for your boo. We all know how us girls get; we want to go all out for our men (and we definitely expect the same in return) but what’s a girl to do if she’s all out of money and ideas? If you want to step out of the typical dinner and a movie date this year,  but have no ideas, we’ve created a list of romantic things you can with or for your significant other on this special day of love. PWhat are some unique out of the norm activities to do? What does he really want in a gift? How to have fun and still be affordable? We have the answers for you.

1. Indoor picnic. If you want to stay warm this is something that is cozy and cheap. Set up the living room with pillows, blankets and rose petals, candles and a nice candle light dinner. Cook all of his favorite foods and buy a few of his favorite snacks. To make things even more fun you can blindfold him a feed him desserts. This is the perfect yet simple and romantic date!

2. Ice Skating. If you don’t mind being a little chilly, try ice skating. This is the perfect romantic date that is fun and adventurous. Ice skating will bring you both closer when you have to hold on to one another to keep from falling! Grab some hot chocolate to keep warm and get out on the rink.

3. Lingerie. One thing that will never change is a man’s love to see his lady in some sexy lingerie. You can never go wrong dressing up or shall I say down to a sexy gown or lace bra and panties. Trust us, your man will definitely be happy to see you walking around the bedroom in new lingerie bought just for his eyes to see.

4. Main Event/Dave and Busters. Be adventurous and competitive! We all know guys like games and sports. Something fun and different to do on V-day would be to go to Main Event or Dave and Busters and play a few rounds of bowling, basketball and video games. He will enjoy it and know that you both can be goofy and have fun together.

5. Spa Day. Take Valentine’s Day and relax at a spa. Get massages and facials for the both of you and ease your minds. If you want to be more romantic, create your own spa at home for your man. Light candles, draw a bath filled with bubbles and rose petals and give your man a full body massage, I’m sure he’ll love it more if his lady rubbed him down. I hope this list inspires you ladies and you use these tips for this special day that is right around the corner. We will never steer you wrong, and there’s no doubt that he won’t love and appreciate any of these 5 romantic gestures.