To Our Daughter: Congratulations Travis and Kylie!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

“Why is Kylie Jenner hiding her pregnancy as if we’re the Volturi?”

On February 1st, 2018, the well-known star and entrepreneur Kylie Jenner from Keeping up with the Kardashians announced that she gave birth to a baby girl fathered by rapper, Travis Scott. The Kardashian’s are known for their creative marketing techniques, businesses and people they are surrounded by. However, Kylie’s pregnancy was a major controversy that the Kardashian’s decided to keep quiet.

Sometime around August 2017, Travis Scott and Kylie Jenner received a lot of buzz after they were seen pictured everywhere together. A majority of these photos derived from her attending most, if not all of his concerts with him. As the Twitter universe approached December of 2017, Kim Kardashian started posting holiday postcards for every day leading up to Christmas. It did not take fans long to realize that Kylie had been missing from every Christmas card as well as disappearing from the public, Snapchat and all other social media. A few days after Kim Kardashian announced the birth of her baby, Chicago West, another small photoshoot was posted, this time with Kylie Jenner included. However, yet again something felt super off about the photos. The pictures now only featured the Kardashian and Jenner girls, but the only person whose stomach was covered was, guess who? Kylie. Kylie Jenner is notorious for posting her life online, so when it suddenly stopped, many eyebrows were raised towards the situation.

Before we jump into the real point of this article [Which will be me explaining the video], here are some tweets of fellow suspicious individuals.

On February 4th, Kylie Jenner decided to change the number one trending topic from Superbowl 52 to Kylie and Travis. After releasing a written note about her pregnancy and why she wanted to hide it, she followed by releasing one of the most beautiful pregnancy videos I’ve ever seen. 

“I’m sorry for keeping you in the dark through all the assumptions,” Kylie wrote. “I understand you’re used to me bringing you along on all my journeys. My pregnancy was one I chose not to do in front of the world. I knew for myself I needed to prepare for this role of a lifetime in the most positive, stress-free, and healthy way I knew how. There was no gotcha moment, no big paid reveal I had planned. I knew my baby would feel every stress and every emotion so I chose to do it this way for my little life and our happiness.”, said Jenner in a recent twitter post.  Here are a few things you need to know about To Our Daughter, the video about Kylie Jenner’s pregnancy.

1. Kylie does show her bump (so no surrogates were needed here)
  2. You get a sneak peek at Baby Chicago West
  3. You see other popular Instagram stars such as Jordyn Woods
  4. Travis Scott is the father, and her Uncle is Kanye West, how blessed
  5. You receive another sneak peek of the YEEZY SEASON 6 collection
  6. You see video footage from when Kris Jenner was pregnant with Kylie
  7. According to People Magazine, Kylie’s healthy baby girl weighed 8 lbs, 9 oz and was born at 4:43 p.m. on Friday.
  8. A day after Kylie released the video, she released a photo of her daughter with the caption “Stormi Webster” releasing the child’s name to the public

As a result of shocking the media, every major social media site is exploding with views. To close this out, Kylie Jenner I wish you the best in your endeavors in motherhood! 

Congratulations to Travis Scott and Kylie Jenner.

Didn’t see the video yet? Watch it here. 

Hello, my name is Tayla Minette Camper and I'm writer and membership advisor for HerCampus at CAU. I am currently a senior at the prestigious Clark Atlanta University.