This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

The countdown for spring break has finally commenced! Bikini dressed mannequins are gracing storefronts while commercials are all the rave with beach resort deals glimmered with sun, sand and clear blue waters, and everyone on campus is like…

Wait a sec… I seem to be forgetting something. Oh, yea… Its been a few light years since we’ve seen the inside of a gym and I don’t know about you ladies, but I definitely indulged on a few too many second and third servings over the holiday break. So now, with spring break right around the corner, I’m left standing in front of the mirror like…

It just isn’t enough to have hot bikinis, cute shades and the latest designer sandals to sport while walking down Ocean Drive. We have to show our bodies a little tough love infused with some T.L.C. After all, don’t you want to leave a lasting impression on that certain someone who you’ve had a crush on since Olive Branch?

Personally, I love the gym. However if you are like many of my friends and loth the gym, because in your head you’re like “I have to actually put on clothes and get presentable just to get all sweaty?!”, I just might have a solution for you. So lets put down that chunky money ice cream, throw on a pair of our favorite yoga pants, put our hair up in a bun and get to work. No fear ladies your Spring Break 2016 Fitness Plan is here.

With a little help from my gym rat friends and peers who have expressed their desired target areas, I assembled and 7-day fitness plan (posted below) with you all in mind. These workouts are designed to be done at home or in the gym if you please. It’s a simple way to stay in shape without having to spend money on outrageous gym members or even leaving your room.

Now we all know getting started is hardest part. I recommend getting a partner to serve a motivation for those moments you may think about quitting. We all get those thoughts and it okay, but its important to stay motivated. Try setting a goal and create a little healthy competition with your bestie to see who can make their goal first.

Remember, consistency is “a major key”, in the words of our dear friend DJ Khaled. Set an alarm at a certain time each day and commit to doing your workouts. Make it apart of your daily routine to maximize results. In addition, fitness is just half the battle, eating healthy is the second piece of the puzzle. Introducing clean eating and fitness into your life could have tremendous improvements. 

Greetings! My name is Jelyn A. Andrews, but some people know me as my radio name “Jelyn Rocque (Rock).” I am from the BEST CITY IN THE WORLD, Chicago, IL! I was born on January 16, so that makes me a Capricorn. I am a junior Mass Media Arts major with a concentration in Radio/TV/Film.My career goal is to become a television host, then eventually own a television network...Yes, just like Oprah! :) In addition to being a “natural born hustler”, I am a very independent, opinionated and expressive person; I think it’s safe to say that I am also a socialite and that I am the stereotypical Capricorn (if you believe in that stuff). I live by two quotes: my tattoo, “Per aspera ad astra” which is Latin for “Through hardships to the stars” and “Don’t tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.” During my spare time I enjoy working out, shopping, writing poetry, reading, and, most of all, going on “adventures” (i.e. trying out new restaurants, visiting museums, going to art shows, and attending concerts). I hope you enjoy reading my articles! -Jelyn