CAU’s Renaissance Man: Jezreel Moore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

“Success is not a destination, but the road you’re on. Being successful means that you’re working hard and walking your walk every day. You can only live your dream by working towards it. That’s living your dream.”- Marlon Wayans 

He’s a suave young black king whom resides at Clark Atlanta University, as a senior, Political Science major, minoring in English. A southern gentleman with a heart of gold and a smile that would make the sun jealous. He’s definitely a catch ladies, so read more about your future politician Jezreel Moore below.

Her Campus: The baseball captain two years in the row! How long have you been playing baseball?

Moore: I have been playing baseball since I was three years old.

HC: Are there any other sports you can play?

Moore: Yes, track, basketball, and football. I want to learn how to play tennis and golf. 

HC:  What inspired you to continue playing sports after your teenage years?

Moore: Honestly, the people and environment around me – everything was negative! My brothers were in gangs and I just wanted something different for myself. I stayed focused on sports and school to keep me occupied. I really appreciate my mom for always making sure of that.

HC: Yes, to the strong black woman!! Now we know this may be a bit more personal, but what about your father, was he around?

Moore: No, I didn’t meet my dad until I was 16.

HC: Woah! Who served as a father figure or mentor,since your father was absent for a while?

Moore: I didn’t have any male mentors. I had to find the good in others though. There were negative influences around, but I saw how their bad choices affected their lives. I decided then, that I had the choice to steer my life in a better direction, so I only focused on my academics and sports.  

HC: Did your father’s absence have an effect on your life negatively?

Moore: Yes it did, but that became a positive effect in my life. My dad not being there drove me closer to God. HE is my protection and guides me through everything that a father should be in my life.

HC: Who’s your role model and why?

Moore: Barack Obama, because he is the epitome of what a man is. The way he carries himself, he is a great father, a great husband, and most of all, an astounding politician. He also inspired my career decision as well. The moment I saw a black president was in office I knew it was something that I could obtain. He is just a great man and I want to be like him one day. 

HC: Speaking of children and fatherhood, woul you want kids one day?

Moore: Yes, I would like to have three kids. A boy, a girl, and then another boy. I want my son to be the oldest to protect his little sister then my baby girl to protect her little brother.

HC:  You can’t have the kids by yourself so what do you look for in a woman?

Moore: I like an ambitious, classy, beautiful, and spiritual woman. [ Yes, he’s single ladies!]

HC: What would be a relationship breaker?

Moore: CHEATING!! I never cheated, so if you cheat on me it’s a wrap! I’m also a very honest person, so I have low tolerance for lying. 

HC: Could you date someone you do not find unattractive? Personally looks are what attract me to the person, then once I date I tend to be attracted to their personality traits.

Moore: Lol its funny you said that, I had an unattractive girl grow on me. She was my first love, but I really was in love with her personality and her smile. It’s possible, but like you said for me to wife you….. I prefer you to be attractive.

HC:  Well, that’s good to know! What was your best phase in life?

Moore: It would have to be attending college. I have learned so much about myself, the world and I will be accomplishing my goal to be the first one in my family to graduate from college.

HC: What was a life changing moment for you?

Moore: When I met former president Barack Obama my 8th grad year. Yeah that was a great memeory because he was just elected and I remember thinking to myself, “this is something I want to do.” That’s the moment I realized I want to be an attorney and a politician. 

HC: Speaking of politics,  what are some laws or changes you’re hoping to enact when in your political career and why?

Moore Answers:

• The criminal justice system. Especially how the system is set up to effect minorities more than any other race. 
  • “Three Strikes you’re out” mandate I would get rid of that
  • Teach the youth their rights and how to address the police 
  • Create legislation that does not discriminate 
  • Body cameras on all law enforcer on a state, local, and federal level that records video and audio 

HC:  I also noticed that you’re a member of Collegiate 100, the Clark Atlanta chapter. What words of encouragement would you like to leave for the generation that is coming after you?

Moore:  “Service before self.” and “Find a way or make one.” Those are two mottos that I us in my everyday life. I don’t believe the next generation will be what we need it to be if we don’t help them to develop.

A man with substance I like to call it! Jezreel philosophy in life is to “find your purpose… be a blessing to some one else.” Well ladies maybe he can be a blessing to you since we found out that he is newly single. If you don’t shoot your shot now you can catch Jay at Georgia State University in Law School. However for now, catch up with all things Jay right here.

All pictures were taken from Jezreel Moore’s Instagram account.

Hey guys! My name is Brandy J. Richardson but I go by the name "Beerich." NO! Im not rich atleast not yet, and Im not a rapper.The name orignated from my first and last name together. Currently, I am a senior Biology major at Clark Atlanta Univerity. I am an aspring International Veterinarian. On my off time I keep up with the world whether it be the lastest tea, politics, or dope make up tutorials. In conclusion, Im pretty darng dope!
I'm Alexis White, one of the founders of Her Campus CAU! Just a (not so) regular smegular entertainment professional. I have an eye for great movies, an ear for talent, and a Mac to make silly award-winning scripts! Therefore, I am a triple threat.