Bruno Mars: 24k Magic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Can you say, Oh Em Gee!?!

Because this album is the bee’s knees!!! Bruno has done it again on his 2nd studio album entitled 24k Magic filled with sensual and soulful beats and lyrics. On this 9-track album, Bruno hits falsettos like no other in “Calling All My Lovelies,” mixing it with raspy note runs like in “That’s What I Like” and amazing breakdowns mid-song in like in “24k Magic,” creating a sound that takes you back to gold chains, silk suits, and dance parties. A few songs contain a bit of humor tied in with his background singers cosigning his foolishness, other songs are subtly sexy. The track “Perm” contains the lyrics “throw some perm on yo attitude/girl you gotta relax!” while “Versace on the Floor” is more of a sexy vibe. My favorite track, the ultimate “feeling myself” track, “Finesse” is a feel good song great for listening to while you get ready for an event. The punchline from the song, “Drippin’ in finesse,” is a great picture caption, especially when you KNOW you slayed the OOTD. The album ends with a love ballad entitled “Too Good to Say Goodbye,” where Bruno sings about a love that he doesn’t want to let go. Then the album begins again with his hit single “24k Magic,” because of course, you’ll have the album on repeat. 

Hi! I'm Taelor Dorsey, a senior Early Childhood Education major with a minor in art from Cleveland, Ohio.