BFF Edition: Double the Trouble with Her Campus Cuties -Taelor & Therecia!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

When you come to college, usually everyone longs for finding those friends for a lifetime. Whether it be from a roomie you once hated or a person you always had a class with, if your lucky enough to find that person, it’s like having another half of you right on campus. The friends you make will be at your weddings, your kid’s basketball game shouting, “Go son!” with you and that one who knows you enough to always make you feel better when those hard times come. They are the ones who are there for you through thick and thin and no matter how many times yall talk on the phone or hang out you never get tired of each other. Well, I had the opportunity to catch up on the BFF’s, Thereica and Taelor, to find out their favorite things, pet peeves, inside jokes and more!

Meet Taelor Dorsey aka Tae (pictured on the right)

Hometown: Cleveland, OH

Major: Art, Minor in Creative Writing

Classification: Freshman, Class of 2020

IG: @taelxr_

Twitter: @taelxr_

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius

Meet Therecia Lang aka Three (pictured on the left)

Hometown: Mobile, AL

Major: Theatre Arts

Classification: Freshman, Class of 2020

IG: @Thereci_nique

Twitter: @TH3R3CIA

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius

Brie: How did you guys meet and when?

Tae: “We met through my roommate, Raven, who knew Thereica from Open House. We kinda got close during CAU Experience.”

Three: “Yeah and we’ve been close since!”

Brie: What’s a pet peeve of your BFF?

Three: “She doesn’t like when I talk about J.Cole.”  

Tae: “Oh, I hate it.”

Three: “I feel like everybody hypes him up for no reason.”

Brie: Oh, you don’t like him at all? Why??

Tae: “J.Cole is the beez-knees and she’s just a hater.”

Three:He doesn’t have good beats, I have to listen to him when I’m feeling it in my soul.”

Tae: Her pet peeve is she doesn’t like when people change around you to fit in with other people. Like when her Morehouse friends act different around her Spelman friends… she just hates it.”

Three: “That’s a whole story. Like you weren’t in my phone the other day.”

Brie: If your BFF could only listen to one artist for the entire year who would it be?

Tae:Beyonce!”

Three:I’m gonna say J.Cole”

Brie: What’s Three’s name in your phone? Any emojis?

Tae: “T T Hey, lol. We’ve been saying that to each other since the beginning of the year. And her emoji is the sun like sunshine.”

Three: “She’s has Tae Tae Hey too, lol. And I don’t know where that came from, I just started saying Tae Tae heyyy! But no emojis, I have an android.”

Brie: How do you guys usually sort out your problems?

Tae: “I just ask her are you okay? Are you mad at me? We are vey open.”

Three: “Yeah, like it’s never an attitude we always confront. If I see her and I am mad I’m not going to just walk past her, I will speak.”

Brie: Where can you usually find your BFF at 7pm on a the weekday? 

Tae: “Three is probably rehearsing something for an audition in the library or in her room. Sometimes Chick-Fil-A or the cafe.”

Three: “Tae is probably with Syn in some mischief, haha. Or on facetime with her sister Charli and Aliya. Or even somewhere off campus.”

Brie: How often do you guys hang out?

Tae: “Like everyday. But really only in the evenings.”

Three: “Yeah, because now we’re busy haha.”

Brie: What emoji would you describe your BFF as?

Tae: “The sunshine emoji! Just happy and bright. It was only 1 day when she was sad and that was last semester.”

Three: “It’s so many options, but I’m going to say the laughing face, the devil smiling and the pineapple. Because she can be so funny, evil and so sweet. Hahhhaa.”

Brie: What’s something your BFF says all the time?

Tae: “Yes Ma’am”. Christmas break she had me saying yes ma’am to everybody.”

Three:She says the beez-knees.”

Tae:It means something really good or cool.”

Three: “Or she’ll be like “what you not gone do.” 

Brie: What’s your BFF’s favorite makeup or hair brand?

Three:  “She has been talking about Shea Moisture for the longest.”

Tae: “I’ve been natural for 3 years and I love Shea Moisture. It has my curls poppin.” 

Tae:Three likes the eyebrow stuff. Anastasia Beverly Hills and she likes Shea Moisture.” 

Brie: Do you guys own anything that’s the same?

Three: “Does Her Campus shirt count? Hahha. But no we have jeans! ” 

Tae: “I wore them one day and she did too, I was like I have those! And we also have the same flannel, but it wasn’t intentional.”

Brie: What’s your favorite inside joke?

Tae: “Whenever we do an inside joke it’s always about this guy at Morehouse.”

Three: Hahhhaaa! Or like when a song comes on and I just be like Taelor and give her that look! Money Longer or Caroline are a few and our certain dances would come out.”  

Brie: What’s your favorite memory with each other?

Tae:When we went to the talent during the CAU experience, that was fun. It was lit. And hanging out at Woody.”

Three:I loved when we went to Cookout and then came to the library.”

Brie: Name something your BFF does not know about you. 

Tae:Hmmm I don’t know. I feel like she just knows everything. Or she might not know that I have 2 brothers. Not my real brothers just brothers through my dad’s football team. “

Three: She knows everything! ” 

In addition to getting to know them as BFF’s, I wanted to take a look into their personal lives and get to know them indiviaully. So here are a couple of questions on just them!

Brie: What are 3 things or someone you value?

Tae: My positive spirit because without that I would die. My hair, because I love my hair and my family/friends.” 

Three: “One is my relationship with God, none of this I’m doing like being here at CAU wouldn’t have been if it w”eren’t for God. I also like my personality, I feel like there’s no one that acts like me and I like that about myself. Because I can be some rude, boujie lightskin person but I’m not so I like that. And another thing is my work ethic. I feel like if you really want to get somewhere you just have to put the work in. I’m not just going here and going to class, I’m actually reaching out. I want to also add on my family and friends. I like who I surround myself with and they all influence me in a positive way.”

Brie: Describe your typical good day.

Tae:Waking up to the sun, it’s 9:15 am and it’s a nice 74 degrees. A good twsitout day, curls poppin and good eyeliner day with great eyebrows. With a nice good lunch. Going to the bank and seeing I have a big number with a lot of zeros and going to the mall. Pulling up in my all black Camaro and buying a bunch of stuff that I think I need and then at like 5 o’clock I’m having ice cream. Then I get dressed up and go on a date with somebody. In my all black Camaro. And then at night, coming home from my date, I put on some cartoons and eat some Twizzlers.”

Three: “A good day for me would be waking up from a good night sleep and having the best dream about my bae. Then I do my morning routine, put on my Hillsong United music and I’m dancing and just being free. Then I switch over to my trap rap, while doing my winged eyeliner, adding some mascara and brows. I don’t wear foundation, I do BB cream so I put that on and curls poppin with a cute outfit. And bae hits up my line asking Therecia where you at and then we hang out and have a fun time. With him go eat some lunch, chicken tenders and fries and then do something with my friends goofy and fun. We’re all having fun till like 8 o’clock and then head back to my room. Get cozy in my bed after my shower and turn my little lights on in my room and watch The Flash on Netflix. Relaxing with Cheez-Its and Pineapple Fanta!”  

♡ Thank you for reading! It was a pleasure interviewing the BFF’s. Stay tuned for more interviews! – HCXO

Brie Black is a sophomore at Georgia State University, majoring in Journalism. Coming from Farmington Hills, MI, Brie enjoys a good book, spoken word, working out and studying God's word. Nothing can stop Brie from reaching her goals, her ambition and strong relationship with God keeps her willing to create the best content for her readers and make it as an editor-in-chief of her future magazine line. Along with being a writer and blogger, Brie is apart of Pretty Girls Sweat and Pinky Promise. You can keep up with Brie on all social media platforms @allthingsbrie and LinkedIn.