Bestie Exclusive! Sherace, Imani, and Salina Spill the Tea on Their Friendship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

“Friendship… is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali  

Many times, we go off to college and our friends from back home become a distance memory of the past. However as the saying goes, “You will meet your lifelong friends in college,” and for this group of best friends know as, “Build A Chick Workshop”, this has been proven true. Best friends Salina, Sherace, and Imani met during their freshman year at Clark Atlanta University and they’ve been tighter than glue ever since. Check out this exclusive interview about their friendship!

Q. How did you guys meet?

A. Imani: I met Salina first she was my roommate in the suites. I met Sherace in a business class freshman year and the rest was history.

Q. What is your definition of friendship?

A. Collectively: Someone who pushes you to do your best even when you can’t see it in yourself sometimes. Always a line of respect and never give up on your friend. Trust, understanding, and complete understanding. “A second family” but it’s no comparison to family.

Q. What makes your clique so unique?

A. We all are different but somehow it works. Here’s a better insight to which one is who!

Salina: I’m the creative one, flower child and artistic

Sherace: The Brains. “The brains”

Imani: Goofball. Sligggghhhty ratchet. Know all the 21 Savage songs.

Btw Salina is the balance between everyone.

Q. What’s one phrase to describe y’all friendship?

A. Salina: “dysfunctional magic”

Imani: “always keepin it 100, good or bad”

Sherace: “Savages”

Q. What are the pet peeves you guys have amongst each other?

A. Imani: Sherace is the mom of the group! We all know how that could be. She also hate people to be on her bed with outside clothes on she call it the “No outside clothes”

Sherace: Salina downplays herself a lot.

Imani: It’s my attitude. It changes a lot!

Sherace: If I had to compare Imani to anything I would compare her to mood changing nails. Literally, must ignore her until she gets over it.

Q. Who would be you guys Maid of Honors at your wedding?

A. Sherace: I would have two maids of honors! What are you saying?

Imani: I love them but my older sister would be my maid of honor.

Salina: They would most definite be my maid of honor.

Q. What would be a dream trip?

A.  Collectively: Dubai. Anything with blue water and golden sand.

Q. A phrase/quote you guys would say about each other in a yearbook?

Imani: They get on my nerves but I can’t replace them.

Sherace: They got me don’t need to say much.

Q. Craziest moment?

A. Imani’s birthday better known as the “The Yellow Tile”. We all know when you turn 21 you are official and it’s no secret most 21-year-olds get drunk. After a long day of birthday festivities, Imani wanted a long warm bath. After the water was already on warm she demanded it be hotter. Attempting to feel the bath water temperature with her toes she slipped and fell. The rest was history!

Senior year is quickly coming to an end for the Build a Chick Workshop, which means life after graduation and the potential threat of separation. Sherace is already on her grind working at her full-time job with Deloitte in Atlanta, Georgia. Imani wants to move to Texas but is going to go where ever the money and God takes her. Right now, the odds are in Atlanta’s favor. Salina wants to go back to her hometown in Colorado. The gag is the real blueprint for Build a Chick Workshop is for all seven members to spend one year in Atlanta after graduation. Hopefully, these ladies’ post-graduation plans do not hinder their friendship.  

Thank you, Salina, Imani, and Sherace, for allowing Her Campus CAU to interview you!

-HCXO

Hey guys! My name is Brandy J. Richardson but I go by the name "Beerich." NO! Im not rich atleast not yet, and Im not a rapper.The name orignated from my first and last name together. Currently, I am a senior Biology major at Clark Atlanta Univerity. I am an aspring International Veterinarian. On my off time I keep up with the world whether it be the lastest tea, politics, or dope make up tutorials. In conclusion, Im pretty darng dope!
I'm Alexis White, one of the founders of Her Campus CAU! Just a (not so) regular smegular entertainment professional. I have an eye for great movies, an ear for talent, and a Mac to make silly award-winning scripts! Therefore, I am a triple threat.