timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Phenomenal Women of Color To Keep Up With On Youtube

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

As summer comes around, most of us have plenty of free time on our hands, even when we don’t we can always find time for a good Youtube binge, right? These Youtubers below provide the world with some of the best beauty tutorials, styling videos, vlogs, college tips, and more! As you tune into various Youtube videos this summer and begin said binge sessions, visit these promising women of color channels for guaranteed quality content!

1. Jackie Aina

Jackie Aina is a ball of energy. She is a beauty guru but dabbles in fashion videos as well. Jackie is known as the auntie of Youtube, providing us with all the tea, and real talk on products and trends. She also is a strong, vocal advocate for inclusivity of darker skin tones within the makeup world.

2. Alissa Ashley

Alissa has a perfect bubbly personality. Her channel focuses on beauty tutorials and skin care. She also is a huge advocate for diversity within makeup lines.

3. Arnell Armon

Do you think you’re seeing double? That’s because you are! Arnell Armon is Alissa Ashley’s twin sister. Like her twin, she is a beauty guru. However, she also focuses on hair tutorials as well as fashion and lifestyle videos.

4.Raye Boyce (itsmyrayeraye)

Raye is such a sweet woman to keep up with. She is passionate and clear on all of the content she puts out. She is another beauty guru offering everything for every day looks to top-notch glam looks.

5 .Nia Imani

Her Campus CAU’s very own Nia Imani! She provides Youtube with college lifestyle videos, pranks, Q&As, and life lessons. She’s an up and coming Youtuber that deserves more attention!

6.Nicole Guerriero

Nicole is another beauty guru. Unlike those previously mentioned, she also hones in on special effects makeup and huge transformations. She is definitely someone to look into for those interested in more complex and advanced looks.

7.Dulce Candy

Dulce is another lifestyle/beauty/fashion content creator. However, she offers complex perspectives. As a mother and army veteran she goes beyond surface level life stories/lessons and dives deep into her experience that she hopes her viewers can learn from. 

8. Iris Beilin

Iris is an Afro-Latina firecracker! She offers Youtube beauty tips, tutorials, and product reviews. She is always straightforward and honest, making her a go-to source for the tea on any hot product!

Women of color are marginalized from every career route. To see any woman of color succeed is heartwarming and should be supported and respected on a wide spectrum. This summer these Youtubers will consistently provide the quality content they do any other time and they deserve all the support they can get. Keep up with these phenomonal women this summer, and onward, you will not regret it.

Miranda is a Junior Mass Media Arts Major Print Journalism Concentration at the illustrious Clark Atlanta University. Hailing from Chicago, IL, Miranda is looking to write for the politically conscious, fashion-forward, and everyone in between. Feel free to connect with her via social media as well as through LinkedIn!