This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

The Extraordinary was released on September 7, 2017. The movie was inspired by the book, written by R. J. Palacio, and the story of the screens matches the book, gives you new feelings and thoughts to see the characters.

Credits: IMDb

The story is about a little boy, Augie (Jacob Tremblay) who was born with some diseases and went through 27 surgeries, which made his face look a little different. The whole plot is about him, his family and how they are going to cope with him going to school for the first time – until then, he was homeschooled by his mother, Isabel (Julia Roberts). The good idea here is that there are different points of view, so the viewer can see how each of them reacted to the same event.

Via (Izabela Vidovic), for example, Augie’s sister, shows us that her life, despite what her family thinks, doesn’t totally turn around her brother. She has troubles with her best friend and a new crush to worry about. 

The narrative is very touching, with a lot of moments that make you think about how “different” people are treated, but it also has fun times. Augie makes some friends and discovers how to explore his imagination and how to play with other kids with his age. Even Chewbacca, from Star Wars, appears to make the public laugh!

So, now, run to the movies as fast as you can!

My name is Giulia, I'm 18 and I live in São Paulo, Brazil. When I have a free time, I like to write, read and watch series.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.