Top 5 Animation Movies to Remember Your Childhood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

It doesn’t matter how old you are or what you do for a living… You will always love watching an animation movie. Obviously, this movie genre makes you remind of that time that your responsibilities consisted in using crayons and learning the ABC: your childhood! What a great time… So why not make a selection of the best animations for you to remind this wonderful time of your life?

Finding Nemo

Somewhere beyond the sea we can find a family of two clownfishes: Marlin and Nemo. Well, I can say that Nemo is a little bit more difficult to find. Due to the rules of his protective dad, Marlin, Nemo shows his adventurous side and disobeys him during school time, ending captured by scuba divers and taken to a fish tank in the office of a dentist. However, Marlin doesn’t know where he is. So, he swims through the ocean to find and save his son. In the way he meets Dory, a good-hearted and optimistic fish with short-term memory loss – who makes this journey to find Nemo even more funny and exciting.

Shrek

Onions have layers. Ogres have layers. Do you know who I’m talking about? Shrek! This lonely ogre who loves his swamp, has his life changed after many fairytale characters are left behind at his door by Lord Farquaad of Duloc. Then, demanding to exile the characters elsewhere, Shrek embarks on a journey to save princess Fiona in exchange for his beloved solitude in his swamp. In the way he finds a donkey, a dragon, princesses… Well, he finds a lot of enthralling characters that make the story get more surrounding! If you haven’t watched it yet, I won’t give you spoilers, but I can promise that you will laugh a lot!

Toy Story

Imagine if your toys had their own life beyond the time in which you play with them. This’s the plot that guides one of the best trilogies of our childhood: Toy Story! From Woody to Buzz-Lightyear, all of Andy’s toys will make you love this story! Although this movie is starred by toys, we can’t forget that above all, it´s a story about friendship and loyalty!

PS.: I have to confess that I cried a lot in the last movie!

Monsters, INC.

Mike Wazowski! If you watched this movie during your childhood, I’m sure that you’ve read this name with Boo´s intonation! In Monsters, Inc. you’ll see a lot of Boo, Mike Wazowski and James P. Sullivan – better known as our lovely Sulley – getting involved in a lot of obstacles! In the city of Monstropolis, the main source of energy are the screams of human child and, at the Monsters, Inc., the “scarers” like Sulley are responsible of getting this source in the human world! From door to door Sulley and Mike Wazowski accidently bring Boo to their world, a kid that will make their lives change!

The Lion King

“Nats ingonya ba bagithi Baba, Sithi uhm ingonya aba!” Recognize this song? Reading might be a bit difficult, but now imagine a sun rising in the middle of African Savana and a lot of animals looking at one lion cub being lifted on top of a stone. I believe that by now you’re already singing the song and imagining our beloved Simba, son of King Mufasa. And what about “Hakuna Matata”, What a wonderful phrase!”? How can we not remember our childhood with another song sung by Timon and Pumba? This striking movie is field with a lot of remarkable songs and adventurous scenes!

Isabela Frasinelli

Casper Libero '20

Student of journalism. From São Paulo to the world. @isafrasinelli
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.