“Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom”: The Darkest Movie Of The Saga

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom brings back to the cinema screens the world of dinosaurs, enshrined in the trilogy of the 90s. This new film is the continuation of Jurassic World, a success in 2015. In the story, Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) returns to Nublar Island, after the park’s destruction, to save the dinosaurs from a volcano that is about to erupt. However, they do not imagine that bad people are behind the rescue and have no pretensions to save prehistoric animals. The couple and new characters embark on a great adventure to ensure the survival of the dinosaurs.

Image Source: IMDb

As it is a sequel, the film has nothing very innovative. So if you are expecting a completely new film, you will be disappointed. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is clearly made for fans of dinosaurs and the Jurassic Park trilogy, who never get tired of watching stories involving big animals. If you are on the list of these fans, rest assured that the film does not disappoint.

However, despite the lack of innovation, the film has its own characteristics that make it independent. The story stands alone with a new plot and other characters. With much more suspense and a more serious and somber plot. The sequence takes a step in the dark and turns into something totally new and scary. Moreover, flees from the traditional ambiance in the park of dinosaurs. The movie takes you to new places and unusual situations, completely different from those shown in Jurassic Park. We even know new species, which is great for those who have grown tired of Raptors and Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Image Source: IMDb

As for the protagonists, Chris Pratt remains great and totally charismatic. He is already more comfortable on paper and gives us a much better Owen. Bryce Dallas Howard improves its performance and bring more life to Claire — a character who did not like so much in the previous film. It gives us a much more human and loving character.

The script in general is cliche. They bet on the traditional story involving the downside of the humans who exploit the animals in exchange for money, and to save them, the protagonist couple risks their lives. In addition, the villains are also not very developed. The viewer does not know their past and their motives, which makes their attitudes shallow and seemingly purposeless.

Image Source: IMDb

However, despite the cliche script, it works. Bad treatment of animals (even if they are the dinosaurs), moves with the emotional of people. At all times you become tense and apprehensive about what will happen, and at the same time you are afraid to see the big animals suffering or dying. The story ends involving the viewer as to not tear his eyes for two hours. In addition, the end has a special touch, because it introduces a new script of science fiction. It is the moment when the connection with the Park of the Dinosaurs is cut, initiating something completely new involving the prehistoric animals. This innovation sharpens the curiosity for the next films. It remains to be seen if it will be a great success when Jurassic World 1 and 2.

I'm a Journalism student at Casper Libero University and intend to be a great professional in the field. But while that does not happen, I spend my time writing texts, dreaming of success, gossiping with my friends and watching Netflix. I've lived in São Paulo my whole life, but I can't wait to travel the world. I have a big passion for movies, pop culture, books and pink. If you see me around, talk with me about movie premiere, new series or gossip. What Can I do? I'm Gemini and I can't control my communicative and curious side.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.