This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

In São Paulo, the cold weather arrived earlier than it was supposed to… If you’re wondering how to keep warm and trendy, we have the answer: over-the-knee boots!

The Over-the-knee boot was originally created back in the 15th century, as riding boots for men. As the legs need an extra protection, the boots were perfect for this purpose. The first women to wear this kind of shoe were the ones who played a man persona at the theatre.

In 1962,Balenciaga’s fall colection showed one boot that covered the knee and in the following year, Yves Saint Laurent’s couture collection included skin boots with alligator print. Now, in 2016, the OTK boots are a huge trend for the cold weather.

The over-the-knee boots can be used in a lot of ways. You can use them with skirt or dresses for a feminine vibe.

Or in the colddest days, you should wear them with pants.

Shorts are a good option too, but if the weather is too cold outside, you can add tight to keep you warm..

Gray, Black, White, Off White and Brown are colors that go well with OTK boots. Skirts, shorts or leather pants are beautiful with this type of shoes, and high waisted everything are also a great match to this trend.

No matter the way , the over the knee boots are beautiful and a great choice for cold days.

You’re not convinced yet? Check out these looks to get you inspired!

Text edited by Carolina Mikalauskas Sanchez

Letícia Vaz

Casper Libero

I'm a journalism student at Cásper Líbero University and the fashion editor of Her Campus Cásper's Chapter.  My biggest dream is to travel the world and to be a poliglot!
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.