How She Did It: Andreia Meneguete, Marketing of Ricardo Almeida & Vogue Brazil Journalist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Name: Andreia Meneguete

Job Title and Description: Marketing of the stylist Ricardo Almeida and Vogue Brazil Reporter

Website: ameneguete.com.br

Instagram Handle: @ameneguete

How did you break into journalism? What was your inspiration to start to work in the fashion and beauty field? 

Andreia Meneguete: When I started to work with journalism I wanted to deal with politics at Brasilia [Brazil’s capital] and change the world. However, the paths led me to the fashion and beauty field and I ended up falling in love for the area. Today I realise that this couldn’t be a better choice. I love writing for women and having a connection with them through my articles.   

Currently you work as marketing of the stylist Ricardo Almeida. When did you realise that you wanted to work at a different area that you worked before? 

AM: I love communication, so it is easy for me to work at the different areas that the field provides. What makes me like marketing is my passion to talk to people –  it doesn’t matter if the conversation happens at an article or in a product communication. Branding is what I really like: to construct the image of a brand trough the strongest part of it, through its history, its true. If you notice, branding is like a profile at the journalism area. We show people the characteristics of a brand in a poetic and romantic way, keeping in mind its particularities. When we write someone’s profile we do exactly the same. 

My passion for branding came from my experience at O Boticário. For one year and two months I worked for this cosmetic brand and we had a huge group to construct the branding of each power brand. After that, I started to work at Trip to make the communication material for Natura. I love to do communication for the fashion and beauty industry. That’s my true passion.  

What does your current job entail?  

AM: My day is less interesting than people imagine. Everyone thinks that if you work with fashion you have more glamour than work, but it’s definitely not that! The activities calendar is really dynamic, so the team is always in a rush. But since I love what I do, I end up enjoying everything. When we talk about press and lectures, I work directly with Ricardo Almeida. I am his advisor council and take care of his public image.  

On the marketing area, I am responsible for the content strategy and the brand PR. I also deal with the agency of social media and the press office. Besides that, I create the content that is about to be sold. Everything that is about content is my responsibility.  

What is the best part of your job? 

AM: The best part of my job is that I’m able to help to make the history of a brand and also to make content for a public that likes the brand that I work for. I love to think that I can get closer to the consumer through the history of a brand.  

Which is the most memorable moment in your career until now?  

AM: I had a lot of good moments at my career, it’s difficult to choose only one. When I look back, I see that I only worked at great places [Andreia worked at Glamour Brazil Magazine as a beauty-editor, in Vogue Brazil as freelancer beauty journalist and a lot of others fashion magazines]. That is something gratifying. However, none of this happened by chance: I study and work really hard and always give everything that I have at each project I’m working on.  

Working for Ricardo Almeida and at Vogue for 10 years, besides teaching at FAAP [she also ministers a course of Fashion Journalism] are things that make me feel like my career goal has been accomplished. I am exactly where I wanted to be, doing exactly what I wanted to do.  

What advice would you give a 20-something with similar aspirations? 

AM: You can’t be successful without being dedicated, have focus and a lot of persistence. You have to study and have passion. Besides that, I believe that you have to understand what you really want to do, what you like to do. A lot of people like to consume fashion and fashion communication, but this doesn’t necessarily mean that you have the ability to do it. You have to align the expectation with the reality, that is really important. 

Anna is a 21 year old from Sao Paulo, Brazil, who studies Journalism at Casper Libero University. She’s currently the Editor in Chief of Her Campus CL's Chapter and is pretty obsessed with fashion, beauty and (trashy) reality TV shows. 
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.